close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

flashlights/taclights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Benj, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Benj

Benj
    Expand Collapse

Who is familiar with flashlights and tactical lights here? Which is generally brighter, xenon or LED?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. cebuboy

cebuboy
    Expand Collapse
    toy soldier

xenon is nice for use outdoors. it has longer range and will cut through rain and fog. downside is heat and shorter run time. LED is nice for close up work to medium ranges. nice white beam but not so good during rain and fog. as for brightness, LED is more blinding to look at. a nice example is the gladius at urban, its got a strobe mode which could make your target epileptic:). also check out www.flashlightreviews.com

3. bikethief

bikethief
    Expand Collapse
    itchy trigger

Can't go wrong with a surefire! The surefire gladius is an amazing flashlight. It has a programmable dimmer and strobe function as cebuboy said. Check out SOE in Makati Cinema for the complete surefire line.

4. MR_BIG

MR_BIG
    Expand Collapse

surefire 6p for me, but im planning to give it to my wife, im thinking bout getting me a e2d and a steel baton for xmas, may times na using a light+baton is better than a gun, example road rage. ;Q

5. bikethief

bikethief
    Expand Collapse
    itchy trigger

E2D + ASP baton = perfect combo. Add a good knife and your all set! Set for what, you say? Who knows... No such thing as over prepared.

MR_BIG: I don't claim to be immune to roadrage but I strongly suggest you stay in your car when tempers flare up. Too many horror stories about roadrage turning deadly and family members getting hurt. Besides, even a sub-compact car has more stopping power than a .45 cal. slug. ;f

edit: I didn't mean to preach. I'm just afraid I might be driving the same roads you are too! Shoot and drive safe bro. PM me if you want an ASP.

Peace!

6. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

hi benj,
    i have a glock tactical light that i'd like to sell, pm me if you're intrested:)

7. cznayr

cznayr
    Expand Collapse
    Dis-member

bike_thief,

I did just that but the guy punched the door of my car because I wouldn't go out. my car has a dimple now because of that (Saw it after the incident). I had my .40 at that time. After contemplating on it, I was glad that I didn't confront the guy. But I was really tempted to go out and punch him but the thing is I only had a PTT and if the police gets involve after I will be their milking cow.

8. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Here's a thought:

Are skilled shooters or martial artists still prone to violence dahil sa road rage?

I find it amusing na when I got good w/ a gun, tinamad nako mag carry . Daanin nalang sa lamig ng ulo

9. cebuboy

cebuboy
    Expand Collapse
    toy soldier

a can of bronco is good against a door punching thug:) guaranteed to make the attacker cry.

10. MR_BIG

MR_BIG
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for making road rage an example, ill give another one, doggie attack:)

11. Django

Django
    Expand Collapse

Hi bikethief,

Sent you a PM.:)

12. bikethief

bikethief
    Expand Collapse
    itchy trigger

cznayr:
    Ok na yun. Better the car than you. But if he goes for something more destructive like breaking your window or windshield ibang usapan na yun. If he just punched the side of your car hindi rin buo loob nun to confront you. Your decision NOT to pull out your .40 was wise and potentially lifesaving. Get a baton and/or a good pocket knife para more options ka in an SD situation.

cebuboy:
    Teargas is ok if your upwind and in open air. If you spray it from inside your car baka tamaan ka rin. If you get down from your car naman then you've just escalated the situation. You leave the protection of your car as well as exposed whatever weapon you have. Kita alas kung baga.

Allegra:
    My temper is still the same but mixed martial arts training has given me better decision making skills. Tactics parin nasa isip ko even when I'm raving mad. Sharper mental trigger.

Benj:
    Sorry for derailing your thread a bit ha! I have a surefire xenon (G2) for self defense and for checking outside the house at night. I also have a 300 peso LED flashlight if I just need to look for something at night or, for example, fix my car in the middle of the night. Lakas sa battery ng xenon and the beam is too concentrated.

13. Benj

Benj
    Expand Collapse

bikethief, no problem, in fact I really enjoyed reading about the things you guys posted. I just got a cheap china made xenon flashlight, am really disappointed in the brightness, I guess I just got what I paid for. So I'm getting opinions on what to get next time, definitely it won't be cheap china immitations any more hehe

14. akula

akula
    Expand Collapse
    BizDuc NM
    Millennium Member

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/
    This is where most of the 'flashaholics' converge. Check out the forums. Chinese LED (or Luxeon) lights are getting better, however Surefire is still the king for Tactical lights -- either gun mounted or hand carried. Weapons lights market is exploding with lots of new comers such as Gladius, LaRue, Pentagon, Laser Devices and others. Luxeon -- which comes in 1- or 5-watt LEDs are also progressing forward. Some output have already crossed the old xenon boundaries. The classic Surefire 6P (Xenon) is rated at around 60Lumens, while some new Chinese Luxeon 1-Watt LEDs are around 30Lumes. 5-Watt Luxeon would give you around 90-100 Lumens.

15. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

i'm happy with my E2D:cool:

[​IMG]

16. akula

akula
    Expand Collapse
    BizDuc NM
    Millennium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These was my collection at its peak. Most of these lights have been sold, retaining only the more used ones...;Q

...Yes, it was addictive in a sense.

17. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Many Jedi's have died for that collection

18. LexaDoig

LexaDoig
    Expand Collapse

Britelite Impact, rechargeable, uses 5 half-D cells but I converted it to use 3 D cells. Aluminum with a heavy head, great for bashing ;Q

[​IMG]

19. LexaDoig

LexaDoig
    Expand Collapse

But this is the light that I carry with me always. It's a 1W Luxeon with a collimator lens (so no bulky reflector). This is probably the world's smallest Luxeon flashlight (not including the phone of course):

[​IMG]

20. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

The LED of the SE K700i also makes for a good emergency flashlight and I always have it with me. :)

[​IMG]

Any feedback on those "battery-less" LED flashlights that you shake to charge?. They're selling for 250 pesos each in the tiangge in front of true value and looks like a good thing to put in the car without worrying if the battery's dead or not. Do you think they're durable?