close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FL will not implement Obamacare. Gutsy, Baby!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ModGlock17, Jul 1, 2012.

1. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    "Governor Scott: Florida Will Not Implement Insurance Exchanges or Expand Medicare.

Florida, the state the led the fight against President Obama's health care law, will not comply with the Supreme Court opinion."

That's one gutsy move by the FL Governor.

FL is a swing state. What will the Feds do? Send in the FBI? Have Kathleen S. take over? Imagine the stink that will make. I think this is a good chess move. Time will tell.

Will other states follow ? Selective secession from the Union of Obamacare.

Should Obamacare get repealed, FL saves money that would have been spent on Obamacare implementation.

2. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    the beltway needs to be reminded that the power rests with the people, not them.

3. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    The power behind this presidency (Obama, Holder, Axelrod boys) is in over their heads. Many Master level chess players will deal them moves that lay traps everywhere.

4. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Man, I hope so.......we NEED representation! .....and, that takes guts......and, that is somthing that has been absent as of late, except from a very few! :steamed:

ooc

5. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Gov. Scott's popularity is so low that even minor opponents poll well against him. Politically, he's a dead man walking. He'll be remembered with the same level of sentiment as "W".

6. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I wouldn't care what his popularity level is........I'll applaud anyone who will now do the right thing, stand up on principle........and, the COTUS. :supergrin:

ooc

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  7. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    I'm surprised Arizona's governor hasn't thrown her gauntlet down yet. Or did I just miss it?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  8. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Not having the exchange just means that instead of having a choice, citizens will default to the government plan. But we'll have dumped Scott before the plan is fully implemented.

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    I would like to see people who are called to LEAD, do LEAD at any personal expense including popularity.

As for popularity, it comes and goes. You know that. If you count on it, you'd be out of pocket sooner or later. But leadership skills never go away.

As for "dead man walking", they are the most dangerous to the opposition, don't they ?

Dead man walking has nothing to lose. An incumbent president has everything to lose.

I support this dead man walking from the Great state of FL.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
  11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    The feds can just withhold highway money, Medicaid money, whatever.

This is going to be interesting.

12. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Can governors just do that on their own? What if their legislators choose a different path?

13. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    If the federal government gets out of control and tramples on too many peoples' lives, it's time for states to rise up and secede. This is a good sign. I'm sure Texas will follow.

States, and their citizens, need to stop thinking of the federal government as the source of revenue and more as the source of their problems.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Actually, didn't Roberts' convoluted opinion say just the opposite?

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Depends upon each state's constitution but in most if not every state, the governor is the executive charged with enforcing the law -- or not, and he can veto any legislative action.

I for one hope this groundswell grows and it forces another court challenge......maybe even a Constitutional crisis.

16. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    The SCOTUS decision states they cannot withhold Medicaid money for non-compliance. That was the part ruled unconstitutional by Roberts, Breyer and Kagan.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  17. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Ft. Sumpter comes to mind.

I see now why the Civil War was fought.

18. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

South Carolina has already told Them to pound sand also.....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    States using their rights and telling the fed ta pound sand will do little.Actions will dictate the course.'08.