Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Fl Nfa?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by ReAX222, Sep 13, 2007.

1. It was my understanding that Fl didn't restrict us beyond the NFA, meaning we could have registered SBR, SBS, DD, Supressors, and autos. However, I triped over this statute while looking for another.>2007->Ch0790->Section 221#0790.221

90.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun; penalty.--

(1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable; but this section shall not apply to antique firearms.

So I guess my info was out of date?
  2. This was nice to see though,
    790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms.--

(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:

1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.

2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.

3. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Just need to read the rest of the statute:

790.221, Paragraph 3:
    (3) Firearms in violation hereof which are lawfully owned and possessed under provisions of federal law are excepted.
  4. I guess I just got upset and skipped that part.
  5. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    HAHA....Hey, I had to go look when I read your post!