close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fixing up a 300C

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ForceXD, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ForceXD

ForceXD
    Expand Collapse

I have a new 300C and was looking for some recomendations on what would be a good way to boost my horsepower, I was thinking about supercharging it, but have started to waiver a bit on that. I have around 5000-6000 set aside though I could go as high as 8,000 if I wanted to. I was just curious as to what I could do to take the 300C to the next level.

Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. UCF-Tacoma

UCF-Tacoma
    Expand Collapse

Trade it in on the SRT-8 model?

3. Rob1035

Rob1035
    Expand Collapse
    Skeet Surfer

exactimundo

4. SJRTX

SJRTX
    Expand Collapse
    Plastic Lover

spray it. nitrous is your friend ;)

5. 45acp4me

45acp4me
    Expand Collapse
    Pissed puppet

Superchargers are the best bang for the buck. You don't have a bottle to fill and it's a much more progressive hit compared to a nitrous.

6. ForceXD

ForceXD
    Expand Collapse

Hey, found a place that will do the type of work I want done, so it looks like the supercharger, a magna flow exhaust and new headers for sure and then go from there. I plan to build a nice sleeper car ;f

Thanks again

7. vette87

vette87
    Expand Collapse

You might want to hold off on the exhuast. As you may know the 300c has a MDS system which drops from 8cylinders to 4 on the highway. This has caused many problems with after market systems. It will souund nice at start up and street driving, but once it hits the 4 cylinder mode it will should like a dump truck. Corsa Exhuast will be coming out with a system for the 300c. They are known for having a nice rumble, but quiet interior.

If you want a nice rumble now.. Just remove the air silencer or get an air charger (K&N). I put an air charger, now it growls when I punch it.. Hope this helps..

vette87

8. pnarq5

pnarq5
    Expand Collapse

Sell that hunk of junk wanta-be Bentley and buy a good car. Then worry about speed.

9. Sir Hacksalot

Sir Hacksalot
    Expand Collapse

I drive a 300C, and this is what I'd be looking to do if the car was mine. My car is a 'company car', so I won't be modding it.

If it were me, I'd wait for Kenne Bell to develop a Blowzilla system for it. Slap that on, feed it 5-8 PSI of boost and call it a day.

That big car needs off line power to be quick, and the KB will make this BIG TIME. Also, the boost is always there.

I have a lot more experience with Mustangs, and KB mustangs, while not the king of the track, are a lot of fun where you will spend 98% of your time...on the street.

Or, the guy that said trade up to the SRT8...you have the same power, and a warranty.

Hax