close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fixing stuck pixles on an older TV?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Generalcarry, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Michigan
  2. My understanding is that dead/stuck pixels are a hardware problem and there is no fix for them. If I'm wrong, I'd love to be educated...

3. stormcaller111

stormcaller111

Jul 7, 2008
    is it dead or stuck? if its dead, my understanding is that its dead. if stuck i have massaged it back to life and also tapped it back to life. massaging is just as it sounds, lightly pressing on the screen in a circular motion. of course you could do more harm than good so do at your own risk. tapping also worked for me once, tap on it lightly for about a minute. the stuck pixel started working properly. again, do these at your own risk if you decide to try it

4. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Michigan
    This is a glass/plastic (?) TV screen, not a laptop. Google tells me if the pixel is black, it's probably dead. If it's colored (I have a partial line of blue pixels) it's probably just stuck and if you flood the monitor with flashes of color for 20+ minutes there's a good chance to bring back its true function.
    Guess I'll have to spring for the DVD.