close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fixed vs. Adjustable Sights

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by g35doc, Mar 11, 2010.

1. g35doc

g35doc Admínistrator

Apr 30, 2005
    Assuming one will not be changing to aftermarket sights or CCWing, would fixed or adjustable sights be preferrable on the Hi-Power? Thanks.

2. I like the fixed...whether they be stock (current high profile 3 "line") Novak, Heinie...
    Bill

3. Another vote for fixed sights. Revolvers also. Many years ago could not give me a fixed sight handgun, now just the opposite. Preferences change I guess.

4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I prefer fixed as well on a BHP. I have much less concern than some guys do about the sights somehow getting moved during carry and presentation, but I am yet to see an adjustable BHP sight system that wasn't huge (except for guys that had a K-frame revolver rear sight installed.)

5. g35doc

g35doc Admínistrator

Apr 30, 2005
    Good responses so far.
    Based on pictures, the adjustable sights look comparable in size to those on my 22/45.

6. g35doc

g35doc Admínistrator

Apr 30, 2005
    Another question. Are the rear dovetails the same for the fixed and adjustable sight models, just in case I decide to get night sights in the future?

7. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Jul 31, 2002
    SW Ohio
    As long as you mean within the Mark III series of BHPs, yes...I think.

8. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Jul 31, 2002
    SW Ohio
    By the way, anybody seen the newest version of the adjustable sight for the Hi Power? Much lower profile, imo way better looking than those big high mounted honkers from the last several years. Check Browning's website, they show the new version nowadays.

9. g35doc

g35doc Admínistrator

Apr 30, 2005
    According to the browning website pictures, it appears the rear dovetails are indeed different.

10. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Texas
    For a carry gun fixed for sure. Range gun adjustable IMO.

11. bobk538447

bobk538447

May 5, 2006
    I like fixed sights because there is less things to go wrong:

1) Screws falling out
    2) Someone else monkeying with the sights
    3) Temptation to "adjust the sights" to make up for poor shooting habits.

Fixed sights are more durable.

12. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    S.E.Florida
    If I could have found a nice MKlll with fixed sights I would have bought it. I did find the new model Sport and the adj. sights. They are not too bad looking...

13. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Browning has selected several of the worse looking, over sized adjustable sights known to production handguns. I've got a pristine '73 BHP, beautiful bluing and red back grips, but the beer cans always make me cringe a bit.

14. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I prefer fixed.

15. 280Z

280Z

Feb 7, 2009
    NW MN
    I was/am the same way!

I wish this gun had fixed sights, but since I don't carry it and they are hard to find in my area, I made an exception.

[​IMG]

I may change them over in the future.

16. vmr357

vmr357

Sep 5, 2003
    Utah
    I like fixed sights in my hand guns. I really don't like the big, beer can sights that Browning or someone came up with. They don't look like they belong on any sort of gun.

However, I'd be willing to but an adjustable sight on my Hi Power if it was the right kind of sight.

[​IMG]

Vern