close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Five-seveN holster wear.

Discussion in '5.7 X 28mm Club' started by SunsetMan, May 19, 2010.

1. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

My brother got me a Blackhawk Serpa kydex holster. I used it one short time and noticed a bit of wear on the plastic slide cover of the Five-seveN. I like the holster other than the wear on the gun.

Anyone else notice this and what do you do about it? Anyone got pics of a well worn Five-seveN so I know what my gun will look like? How much do slide covers cost?

I know it is just a tool, but I want my guns to look like bac's for as long as possible :supergrin:

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :rofl:

3. SunsetMan

A man can dream, can't he? :supergrin:

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    They will look like that but you have to tuck them in each night to their special carpet beds one by one, come on Bac just admit you do....

"Good Night Mr Wilson, you too Mr Brownie Pie & My Big Bad Baer, and no daddy has not forgotten you Mr Coltie, and yes I love you too my little Kimber Wimber.....and you....."

:tongueout:

5. No holster wear yet over here.:wavey:

6. No holster wear here either, and the Serpa is what I use.

Seems like Duracoat would be the easy solution. Unless slide covers are cheaper than I think they are.

7. SunsetMan

Thanks Case de Callier and grendelbane. The wear on my Five-seveN from the one time in the Serpa wasn't great, just a barely noticeable shining of the slide in a place or two.

Do you have any pics of your Five-seveN's after some use in the Serpa?

8. STLGLK

STLGLK

Nov 1, 2010
    St. Louis, Mo.
    I'm told the cover on the slide is easily replaced if it shows more wear than you'd like.