close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

fish tale

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by 97guns, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 97guns

97guns

Jan 9, 2005
    find me
    this was a few years back but just thought i'd share. there is a lake that is known to have high amounts of mercury in it and has warning signs to not eat the fish posted about. my brother and his girlfriend were walking the shoreline to find a couple of asian guys catching a TON of fish (carp) and keeping them in a bucket. my brother told them that it is not a good idea to eat them because of the high mercury content in the water. the man replied "oh don't worry, it is for our resturant, thank you very much"

2. major

major Rejected member

Aug 19, 2001
    Cochrane, Alberta
    That's why I usually order "cat" when I eat Chinese. At least you know it's fresh.

3. and....anything else to this tale?

fwiw, most fish has mercury in it, some more than others, unless you eat this stuff everyday and 2-3 times at that per day, I wouldn't be overly concern.

4. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    I also am not to worried about mercury in fish... but what is interesting is how prelvelant it is for Asian resturants to poach the meat the serve. Certainly they are not the only culprits, but they seem to pop up more often than not. This is a significant problem in California.

Abalone, sturgen, bass etc..

Diversity Is Strength! It’s Also...Poaching