close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fish I have known, and loved....

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by THEPOPE, Jul 19, 2006.

1. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Some feeesh I have caught, and released, over the last coupla seasons.

Check the channal cat, hit a Senko, Texas rigged worm, ON THE SURFACE...came out from under a lilly pad, just as the lure cleared the top. Out of the water, grabbed and ran...

imout :cool:

2. Cool looking fish, what's the last one PIke ?? I used theose senko worms before but never caught any worth posting about.

3. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    That last one, thogh not a good pic, is a musky, caught while bass fishin` with a " jig-n-pig " combo, 17 lb. line, flourocarbon transition, heavy rod. It was 44 inches long, took me 35 minutes to revive that fish, and it lived.

Senko`s used to be my favorite lure, now I use them, also, but prefer to fish spinner-baits, and of course, never without a Jig and Pig on that rod. With the Jig, I catch everything from large bass, to, obviously, muskies, and bow-fins.

imout :cool:

4. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Oct 22, 2002
    N43 07.671 W75 17.747
    Hey TP that was an awesome fish! However I believe that Noway was right and that is a (HUGE ) Northern Pike.:)

5. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

Nice bass, man. I can only catch smaller ones but I haven't had time to hone my fishing skills.

That looks to be a really large Pike or small Muskie. I'm going to have to agree and say that is a Pike. Where you using a steel lead? Me and a friend have both caught one without any leads.

6. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    lol, NOT a pike, men, three others, all muskie fishermen, confirmed, muskie.....I have anothe pic of it`s head, I`ll put on, soon.

No sir, no leader at all, straight 17 lb line that day, hooked it in corner of the mouth, teeth didn`t rake across the line at all, still, lucky the knot held.

Just before that hit, I had , I believe , the same fish bit off a jig exactly like that one, I re-tied quickly, I am very quick, and he hit again, second cast to same spot.

Keep up the bass fishing, Razoreye, you`ll sometime get into a HUGE bass, the fish of a life-time, you`ll be hooked...mwaaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaa mwaaaaaa....

imout and going shooting then bass fishing Sat. AND Sunday....

:cool:

7. what_stanger?

what_stanger?

Jan 29, 2006
    its a nice fish.
    but its a pike.

not a tiger muskie even....a pure bred northern pike.

8. what_stanger?

what_stanger?

Jan 29, 2006
  9. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    I hope those three weren't guides who took your money, because they're wrong.

this is a pike;

[​IMG]

this is a muskie

[​IMG]

btw, we commend you for taking all that time to revive it. :thumbsup:

10. what_stanger?

what_stanger?

Jan 29, 2006
    i think pike look cooler anyway, but a muskie IS the fish of 10,000 casts right?

11. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

:supergrin:

(P.S.- My uncle is an avid muskie fisherman. WI, MI, Canada, everywhere he can. To me that still looks like a Pike but I'm no expert there. Y'all can hash this one out.

P.S.S. - Can you post a pic of just the jig setup? Thanks. :cool: )

12. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear Protective G'pa CLM

A walleye from this last weekend. 5 1/2 lbs and 25 1/2" long.

13. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Thanks, Nipperwolf, that kinda clears it up for me....no, not guides, just merely fishermen who came over to see the commotion was about. The fella holding it up, was a stranger who helped, because I couldn`t handle the rod and grab it at the same time.

It was a monster pike, I guess, I like that better anyway, because on 17 lb. line, that brute truly was near record for the line used,I`m gonna look up Indiana`s record for pike later,
    if it woulda turned out to be a muskie, it was a mediocre sized one,
    many are caught `round there much bigger than that.

Nice walleye, dude. Damn good eating, too....

Today, I shot well, fished poorly, caught one that was of quality size, a 3.5 lb bass. Fun, nevertheless.

imout
    :cool:

14. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

Pope, that's an impressive Pike. I'd claim it as such rather than a muskie. :cool:

15. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    lol, my thinking, exactly ! better a HUGE pike , than a smallish muskie......BTW, my brother-in-law, who is an avid outdoors-man and incredibly good fisherman, in his own right, has two pike, mounted over his fire place, been there for many years, damn, ever since I was 12 or so, impressive size, MINE WAS MUCH BIGGER, and I just e-mailed him my pics of that one...heeheeheeee.the noob.

Imout sir :cool:

16. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    Pope, You catch that pike on Wawasee?

topcat1

17. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hey, topcat....your " location ' is intriguing, on the slab? You have me scratching my head, dude....lol

Not far from Wawasee, I caught that fish, and many bass, on a lake in the Tri-County Wildlife Reserve, where a fellow told me, while I was reeling it in, that there are NO fish like that in THIS lake...lol...Good to hear from an F.T.er .

Taking the ball-n-chain...er.....wife fishing tomorrow, on the same lake. I will out-fish her, no matter what she may tell you.

imout