close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First time out

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Timothy658, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Timothy658

Timothy658

Mar 24, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Two days ago was my first time riding my bike (or any bike for that matter) and I am hooked for life. The bike is a 75 Honda MT250 Elsinore. Its a dual sport. I practiced my shifting, braking, taking turns in a local park with little to no traffic, and got very comfortable with it. I never layed on the throttle, but it does have good power. My clutch hand is pretty sore even today, because of all the shifting. Definately not a highway bike, but great for around town, and at 260 pounds wet, its a great bike to learn on. I felt comfortable on it from the start. Never even stalled it out. Cant wait to take it out again....the msf course is in my future as well, probably after winter is gone. Just thought Id share my great first time riding!

2. ;F

Now go take the MSF course.

Since you are in snow country you can spend your time reading some good books before you take the course. Proficient Motorcycling and Kieth Code's books are a place to start.

Welcome to the mc fraternity. We all share the same road, enjoy it and ride safe.

3. Timothy658

Timothy658

Mar 24, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, heres a picture of it. Only one I have.

4. That's a great starter bike, thanks for the PIC. You will be miles ahead of others in ability by riding that for a season before moving up to something else.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
  6. Timothy658

Timothy658

Mar 24, 2003
    Wisconsin
    When I ride this around town, I'll be wearing my blaze orange jacket, that I used for hunting last year. Its big enough for me to wear something underneath it. I figure this should be nice and visible for others, along with a white helmet. I'll probably pick up the Z1R ZRP-1 helmet, if I can find one to try on for fit.

Good suggestion on reading material...I read Proficient Motorcycling before I started riding, and its an excellent read. Learned quite a bit in it.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Those safety vests may not be "cool" but they work quite well in day time and especially at night time.

8. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana
    Nice Bike.
    Have fun , Bikeriding is a great sport, Ditto on Riders ed class
    Good luck and ride safe.^5

9. Rosey

Rosey

Mar 19, 2005
    Chandler, AZ
    That bike is WAY retro-cool. Me likes.