First time Glock 19

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by WxGuesser, Nov 2, 2013.

1. New glock owner... Not going on evening hunt because I want to shoot this baby. Is there a "best" and "worst" ammo for it.
    Gen 4 g19. I got some federal 115gr. Lawman 147. Gem tech 125. Ranger 125..

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. Welcome from North Carolina!

3. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Congratulations on a great choice.
    It will pretty much shoot anything you feed it just fine.

4. Welcome to GT and, congrats on the G19.

5. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Good looking

Welcome

6. Welcome to the forum!

7. Welcome to GT now go and shoot that thing!

8. Enjoy GT..........................

9. Welcome from Virginia Beach, Virginia

10. never shot mine. started to feel small in my hands. ended up selling it for 27% more...

11. Welcome from Missouri.......

12. Personally never had a WWB issue. I've probably fed 2500-3000 rds of it through my Ruger without a hiccup. Lawman, Monarch, Blazer Brass & Steel, all have worked fine.

Tula is the only ammo I've had problems with. They are loaded noticeable lighter than even WWB. Without fail I also have at least 1rd per box that doesn't fire first go round. Hard Russian primers...

13. For practice, I like Speer Lawman 124g FMJ. For self defense loads, either Winchester Ranger 127g+P+HPs or Speer Gold Dot 124g +P HPs are good loads. I tend to stay away from the 115g bullets as there have been reported having ejection problems. I have not though, with my Glock m19 Gen 4, that I bought in January of 2012.

14. Congrats and welcome!

If you don't reload yourself, a good/cheap option for range ammo is to shop online at:

http://gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/9mm/

I've been using reman 9mm by Freedom Munitions and Georgia Arms and they are both great IMO - clean and reliable.

15. Welcome!

1911club#410

16. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!