close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First time at the range!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seattleborn, Feb 12, 2013.

1. seattleborn

seattleborn

Jan 20, 2013
    Seattle,WA
    First time at the range with my new g27 and boy was it a blast, my girlfriend came with me and shot it as well. We both cant wait to go back.

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    It is fun, exciting and empowering. Get lots of practice and above all, have fun. Stay safe.

The most significant thing to learn about guns is: keep your finger off the trigger unless you want to shoot something. Don't mean to preach, but safety first.

3. seattleborn

seattleborn

Jan 20, 2013
    Seattle,WA
    oh i understand that being safe is the most important part of shooting. Ive shot multiple rifles and shot guns but pistols is something new to me so i want to go to a pistol safety class at my range just to make sure I'm doing everything right because you can never be too safe.

4. FLAHOTROD

FLAHOTROD

Sep 18, 2008
    Gainesville, FL
    Congratulations! The G27 is a very nice pistol. I enjoy mine and find it as easy to shoot and handle as the G22. Pick up a 9mm conversion barrel and double your pistol's versatility. Best of all, you got a g/f who enjoys spending time at the range with you. Get one for her (maybe a different caliber or different size) to add to your fun times.

5. seattleborn

seattleborn

Jan 20, 2013
    Seattle,WA
    Yea my gf wants me to get her a Ruger LCP and i told her i'd get her one if she wanted to get a CCP, but i also want to get a .22lr Ruger just so we could afford to go to the range more often.

6. FLAHOTROD

FLAHOTROD

Sep 18, 2008
    Gainesville, FL
    Yep. .22's (once they start to show up on shelves, again) make range time much more affordable. Have your g/f try as many different guns as she can (does the range have rental guns?) to make sure she is happy with the way it shoots. I know this sounds biased, being a Glock forum and all, but I have found Glocks shoot a little differently (better?) than those made by some other manufacturers. Better to find out what she likes and doesn't like by using rentals thn after the purchase. Good luck.

7. seattleborn

seattleborn

Jan 20, 2013
    Seattle,WA
    Yea they have rentals that we can use and they happen to have a Ruger LCP that we can use and they also have a Ruger 22/45 as well. I know how you feel with thinking Glocks are the best thats why i've been looking at the .22LR conversion kits for Glocks.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Great to hear you had a good time.

:agree:

9. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    ISSC has an Austrian made "Glock-alike" 22LR that I purchased. A fun 22, but it's pretty finicky about ammo. They recommend CCI MiniMags.

ADK GLKr