close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kirbinster, Feb 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kirbinster

kirbinster

Jan 28, 2013
    New Jersey
    Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. I am a new shooter, having fired about 400 rounds in my life. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

Shot one:
    [​IMG]

Everything:
    [​IMG]

2. Krigloch

Krigloch BACONEER

Mar 18, 2007
    Springfield, IL
    I'm a lefty and I shoot low to the right. I too have a tight grip. I'm working at it. Pain in the ass. Lol

3. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Congrats!!!

Looks like you're tightening your grip with all of your fingers (left/low-left shots), as you squeeze the trigger, to me.

Still. . . . for a new shooter. . . . NOT BAD!!!

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. More trigger finger, slow steady pull, let the trigger break be a surprise every time. Dry fire practice! Front sight, front sight, front sight..

5. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    Parts Unknown
    You're doing very well just keep shooting. You need at least 1000 rounds downrange to get familiar with a handgun. I love my G4 22.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    This
    very sound advice. Dry fire practice will aid you in good fundamentals and always front sight,front sight. SJ 40

7. kirbinster

kirbinster

Jan 28, 2013
    New Jersey

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on this a little more. What exactly do you mean by more trigger finger? Thanks.

8. jeremy1

jeremy1

Jan 27, 2006
    Armed In Alberta
    An awesome buy! You will really enjoy it. As for the grip, most shooters had the same problem for their first glock. The cure is lots of rounds!

Enjoy one of thr most popular Glocks built!