close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

first question for you

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by ktmracetec, Feb 27, 2010.

1. ktmracetec

ktmracetec

Feb 19, 2007
    Tallmadge, Ohio
    I see there is a company that makes a switch for a glock to turn it into full automatic. What would I need to do to get a class III permit to own one of these? If this is doable what would the permit cost? I have had my FFL license for about 3 years now.

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    An individual can only take possession, using the proper forms and procedures (Form 4 or 5), of machineguns that were registered prior to the cutoff in '86. These are termed "Transferable Machineguns". It doesn't matter if you have an FFL or not, provided you do not have an SOT (more on that later).

These F/A glock "switches" are most likely illegal. The only way they could be legal is if they are considered by the ATF to be a registered auto-sear and were registered prior to the cutoff in '86, which is very unlikely.

If you have an SOT of the right class (2 and 3 are most common) associated with your FFL, you may possess properly-transferred post-86 machineguns for demo purposes to L.E. To get these you must have an appropriate "demo letter" from the department or government entity.

PS- I apologize for the delay. I didn't realize I was the moderator here!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010