First Post- Complete gun novice

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Hej Hej, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hi All:

I have never owned a gun....I am considering the purchase of a Gen 3 or 4 G19 or G17. Before I decide I will be taking a intro course to hand guns given at a local shooting range.

My wife thinks I am crazy for even considering the purchase of a firearm. I will be spending some time with a relative to shoot his Gen 3 G19 this week....should be interesting. I think the last time I shot a gun was 50 plus years ago....

I look forward to any "words of wisdom"........

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Hej Hej, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    1st post--new Glock 19 Gen. 4 owner Introduction Forum Apr 7, 2015
    A Boston Cop Shooting and Our Post-Truth Era Cop Talk Mar 30, 2015
    Court filing argues post-1986 machine gun ban ' Gun-Control Issues Mar 5, 2015
    Most Bitter Post-Election Liberal Celebrities on Twitter Political Issues Nov 7, 2014
    Think hunting/foraging is an option post-SHTF? Survival/Preparedness Forum Sep 22, 2014

3. welcome, and congrats on deciding to become a gun owner!

very wise to take a gun safety/training course before owning...kudos to you.

I own a Gen4 G17, and I love it.

4. If you can try out a number of different pistols and revolvers before making your purchase. Many ranges have rentals available.

5. Yep...they rent them for like an additional $10.00. Nice to try them out first...thanks!!!

6. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

You will love the 17 or 19. I have 10,000 out of my 17 and close to 8,000 out of my 19. I shoot my 19 at pistol matches.

7. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

8. Welcome! I am new to pistols as well and took an intro gun safety course as well. You are wise to do so.

I was able to try a couple different types at the course and really enjoyed the glocks. I decided on a 21 but will be getting a 17 or 19 in the future.

Good luck with your purchase!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Welcome aboard.

You're gonna love the 19.

10. Why did you decide to choose the 21???

11. I liked how the 21 fit my hand better than the 19 and I wanted the .45 for HD. In the back of my head I knew I would end up getting the 17 at some point too.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Congrats and welcome! But, be careful - shooting firearms can be addictive!

13. Guns are a sickness, the only known cure is more guns. Welcome.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

14. Forgive my ignorance...how do you know and how do you keep track and why???

15. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.

16. Well I went and fired a G19 and a H&K today......

Help!!! The noise from my gun, the noise from others on the shooting range, the recoil (I felt like a hand grenade went off in my hand), and smell of gun power have me bummed!!!

I am thinking maybe hand guns are not for me......

What I thought would be fun was more pain than pleasure.....what's with me??????:crying: