close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First Kill of the Season

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Quigley, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    I already posted this in another thread but I figured I would give it its own topic.

I was deer hunting on the first day of bow season with my newly purchased Parker Bushwacker Crossbow. I got to my stand, which is in the middle of the woods facing a swamp bottom, at 3pm so that I would have time to remove my rifle rest before letting things start to settle down. I was unsure of the wrench size needed so I brought an adjustable wrench and a pair of pliers. The rifle rest took about 30mins to get off because I was trying to be quiet and the adjustable wrench kept loosening. I finally got it off and situated out of the way. By the time I got the crossbow up into the tree stand and a bolt loaded it was 3:45. The woods just began to quiet back down when I herd something coming through the swamp about 50 yards to my left. When I first caught sight of her I got a bit excited because I knew that a Bobcat had not been seen on this property in 10 years. She acted as though she was going to stay in the thick stuff off to my left and I figured that I was not going to get a shot at her. All of a sudden she seemed to catch wind of something and turned and made a be line toward my stand. When she got in a clearing 20 yards out I growled at her. She stopped looked right at me and I pulled the trigger. The arrow caught her right above the shoulder which made her do a back flip. She took off through the woods and smashed head first into a tree where she died. I am guessing she caught wind of the raccoon urine, put on my boots for cover scent, which is why she headed for me, but who knows.

[​IMG]

2. jjsobba

jjsobba

Jan 28, 2010
    Kansas
    That is a good way to start the season. Congrats!!!

3. crash700

crash700

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    Good looking cat, would make a great mount.

4. I wish there was something in your picture so we could get an idea of size.

5. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    Thank you crash. I would love to get it mounted but the money is just not there so I am getting a rug made out of it.

6. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    Adjuster,

It weighed 25lbs. It was not a huge bobcat but it was decent size.

7. Cool, nice shooting.

8. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
  9. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    Thank you.

10. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    I am using it to supplement the local ecosystem.