close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First job on the inside

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by ClydeG19, May 6, 2005.

1. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    I had my first job on the inside of a working fire yesterday. It was a great experience. It was dispatched as a dwelling w/ possible entrapment. The occupant jumped from his second story window before we arrived. Our chief called for the second alarm after receiving updates from EMS and PD who arrived first. I was on the first in engine. I had to hit the hydrant first, but I joined my crew inside just in time for the evac to be sounded. We went into the exposure next door and attacked the fire that had worked it way across the attic (duplex). Here's a picture of the aftermath. This pic is from www.progressfire.com ...one of our second alarm companies. I'm not certain who the photographer is. I'll get some shots of the action and post them asap.

Unfortunately both homes will be a total loss. Some of the belongings in the exposure house can be salvaged and there was only one minor injury.

2. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona

3. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Great!.... The "hindsight" is a wonderful time to learn. I'm only in my 2nd year of service and learn something new from each fire, mostly after we get back and critique the operation. You definately have a better understanding of all those books you read once you apply the information into action. Thanks for the links too.... :)

4. CONGRATS!!!!;Y Thanks for sharing the experience, I will never forget my first fire...I was like a kid on christmas eve that night couldn't sleep, waiting on the tones to drop again, I was pumped. Also, thanks for the link. Be safe out there.;?

5. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

Nov 27, 2004
    Outer Banks, NC
    Yeah, I remember my first fire too, I had to feed the horses!

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

6. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Our most senior member retired last year after serving since the late 1940s. He claims the horses were retired but still alive, and his first fire engine was chain driven! He has some great stories!

http://www.jfrd.com/images/Chief Bowers Retirement Party 0101-010304/index.html

7. I love listening to the old timers talk about how it was back in the day... splits my ribs everytime

;z ;i `l ~rf