Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

First Glock-G37

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by burgherdude, Feb 28, 2010.

1. burgherdude

Jan 18, 2006
    Hello all, I ordered a G37 and because in PRK they restrict us to one new gun per 30 day period I'm having to wait about 2 weeks before I can take possesion from my FFL. I almost bought a G37 a couple of months ago and was literally talked out of it by the salesman because he said ammo was non-existant. He was trying to sell another caliber for more money and so I passed on an outstanding deal on that G37 because of his input. Two months later the store had them on sale again for the price of $399. By now I had done some homework on the round and its availabilty. It looks like more and more may be giving the 45gap another look and I look forward to shooting it at my favorite Orange County range.
  2. engineer151515

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, you certainly are in the right forum.

<<< has been shooting my G37 since 2003.
    Since you live in CA, internet orders of ammo might not be available to you anymore. I thought (very) recent law changes were going to cut off internet ammo purchases.
    If that is the case, you'll want to snuggle up to a gun shop that supplies .45GAP.

The gun itself is a joy to shoot. IMO: one of Glock's best designs.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010

3. Cappi

Jun 23, 2009
    I believe that goes into effect Feb 1 2011

That's the note I saw on one of the ammo supplier's web site anyway.

4. burgherdude

Jan 18, 2006
    I was told the first of the year when the restriction on internet ammo sales goes into effect. Sooo, I've got about 10 months to take advantage of it now. I do have friends who live in AZ, so I can always pick up some when I visit them I suppose. On another note; I noticed Georgia Arms sells some 45GAP at a fairly good price, has anyone tried them?
  5. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    GA 'Canned Heat' is reloaded factory ammo. It's great stuff for range trips, but I'd stay away from it for Self-Defense.

Personally, if I still lived in CA, I'd either start reloading, or start packing my bags.
  6. StarvinMarvin

Feb 28, 2008
    I've shot tons of Georgia-Arms in a few different calibers... It is factory reloads, but the price is right and I like getting the ammo cans it comes in. Perfect easy shooting stuff for the range.
  7. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

Mar 19, 2005
    Cana, Virginia
    Amen ! Wish we could just chistle Komi-Fornia off from the rest of the US before it spoils anything else. Kind of like getting the rotten apples out of the basket.