First Gen Proof Marks?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by TJS, Apr 7, 2012.

1. What do these marks mean??
    I was told by Glock that this was one of the batch of 1000 that was first imported into USA back in 1987.
    Any help on this gun would be much appreciated.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    GEN 2 Glock 19 with Austrian proof marks General Glocking Jan 11, 2015
    Glock21 Gen4 Proof Marks Symbolizes? General Glocking Oct 9, 2014
    Gen 2 Glock 17 with Austrian Proof Marks Firearms Listings Aug 29, 2014
    Can you please help me identify these european proof marks General Firearms Forum Mar 14, 2014
    Gen3 w/Austrian proof marks trigger difference General Glocking Apr 21, 2013

3. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

GTF = July 1984 manufacture date for the barrel. Yes, it was one of the first 1000 Glock 17s imported into the United States in Jan 1986.

If you have the original internal parts, original mags, box w/ matching serial number, then it is probably worth a little more than what it originally sold for in '86.

Bigger pic's showing more detail may bring some more information from the peanut gallery.

4. Thank you! Nope, no box. Found it at a pawn shop and got a good deal on it. Trigger bar is black so I think it has not been updated. I'm suppose to go to Smyrna next month so I'll take it down there and let Glock make it up to date. So is this barrel known as the "pencil barrel"?
  5. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

yep, if it has matching serial number it would be a pencil. Make sure Glock gives back the original parts so you can sell them back to me.
  6. how much would a gun like this be worth on the market??