close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First gen Glock 19 value?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Hawaiiglock, Aug 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock
    Expand Collapse

What would one expect to pay (if you could find one) for a true first gen 19? Lets say in "used but not abused" condition? I've searched the forums and Google, most threads are people who think they have first gens but are early second gens. Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Aux Bear

Aux Bear
    Expand Collapse

I gave $300 for mine a couple months ago. Like new condition, never been upgraded. Safe queen. And I still haven't shot it either! Aargh! :crying:

3. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

That is a REALLY tough question. I've heard anywhere from 6 to a couple-dozen were made. Some guys at the GCA said that they could only document 6 actual serial numbers, so even if you've found a seventh one, it's no question these are REALLY rare. Those situations drive price based on market conditions out the window...

I would also say condition would have little bearing on driving the price DOWN (but one that is NIB would probably drive the price higher).

I think ultimately, the price would depend on the venue. Private sale, and the person doesn't know what they have? You may get it for a song, if you paid NIB price for a Glock (~$500)... At an advertised auction where GCA members have been told about it, it could go into five figures. (I've seen one-of-a-kind collectible Glocks go for this, such as the 1-millionth Glock...)

4. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Also, one other thing - Make sure you do your research. I've seen some "grip-reduction jobs" on G-19s with early serial numbers that confused some people. Not saying the original owner was trying to rip anyone off - just that this "First-Generation G-19" craze leads people to unwarranted conclusions and speculation, so be wary.

There is a thread here in the collector's corner showing some pics of a verified genuine first-generation G-19. Look those over closely before going to see the Glock in question.

Is this Glock in Hawaii?? It would be interesting to hear the story of how it got there...

5. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info 10mm. No fist gen 19's in Hawaii that I know of. I like the feel of the first gen grip and the size of the 19, didn't realize there were only 5 or 6 in the USA. I'll just add it to the list of "guns I'd love to own but probably never will". It's quite a long list:)

6. Mitchell Poole

Mitchell Poole
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to determin for sure if it is gen 1 or not? Mine has the one pin, but the AXV serial number does not seem to match any of the lists.

7. DJ Niner

DJ Niner
    Expand Collapse

The frame texture and shape will tell you the generation. A Gen1 Glock will always have a lightly stippled texture that wraps around all surfaces of the grip frame (front, back, and sides). The Gen2 will have stippled side panels, but deep checkering on the frontstrap and backstrap. This photo is a pretty good guide:

[​IMG]

8. domino1

domino1
    Expand Collapse

You have a better chance of hitting the Powerball lottery than finding a Gen 1 19.
    You will have to hit the lottery to be able to afford to buy it!

Glockdude1 likes this.
  9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

:agree:

The only number of Gen 1 G19's made, that I ever heard of, was less than 25.

I was told this, when I was at FLETC in 2001.

:cool:

10. Firecop203

Firecop203
    Expand Collapse

The only gen-1 model 19's that I'm aware of were gen-1 model 17's that had been cut down by Glock as a special order for the Kansas Alcohol Beverage Board and they were marked on the slide.

11. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

A tru Gen 1 G19 would only have 2 letters in the serial number, probably in the dbxxxus rang

12. 17L1

17L1
    Expand Collapse

The first two letters of mine are AN.

13. TX OMFS

TX OMFS
    Expand Collapse
    Right wing nut
    Lifetime Member

14. Justin1911

Justin1911
    Expand Collapse

15. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Current bid $2000

:cool:

16. TX OMFS

TX OMFS
    Expand Collapse
    Right wing nut
    Lifetime Member

$6725 in worn condition.

17. Justin1911

Justin1911
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm jealous, which one of you bought it? When I first saw it listed, I figured I would do $2000 without blinking an eye,apparently that's not nearly enough

18. SmokieXD45

SmokieXD45
    Expand Collapse

:wavey: