close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First Flight With RC Helicopter

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by quantum36, Feb 15, 2013.

1. quantum36

quantum36

Oct 25, 2005
    Alabama
    This could revolutionize tree trimming!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIdJMVkLOyY&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIdJMVkLOyY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. maxnovice

maxnovice

Nov 14, 2008
    RC helicopters like that one are not toys. Some of them have carbon fiber blades. Imagine what a four foot diameter carbon fiber blade spinning at 2,000 plus rpm would do to you when you fly it into yourself or someone else.:shocked:

All that said, the leaves and limbs raining down after the helicopter hit the ground was hysterical.

3. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Jan 11, 2010
    That looked like my first try with my grandson's mini-sized in-the-house-only model. Bam into the ceiling, bam into the floor, let go of the throttle & stick and handed it back.

If you are into flying models, you ought to look at the ones with the camera system. You look through goggles that see from the pilot's seat and some even have a heads up display and GPS to return to base. Again, not a toy but so cool!

4. VinnieG

VinnieG

Dec 18, 2012
    Iowa
    Lmao brother, that was good.
    Helicopters are hard to get onto but a blast once you do. I've been flyin rc for 24 years.
    Get yourself a cheaper lil electric with twin rotors to practice a lil with. It will save you a lot of money :)

5. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Jan 23, 2000
    Think of all the money he could save on haircuts!!
    That's even faster than a Flow-bee!!
    :rofl: