close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First experience with 4th gen 37

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by billpole, Jul 14, 2010.

1. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Well......given 100 degree plus weather, I can't fuss about turning in a 94% score out of the box. We got our new 37's today...and I LOVE it!!
    Next week, the rest of my department transitions.

2. Firecop203

Firecop203

Aug 23, 2004
    Oklahoma

3. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Bill.,How are the small backstraps? Do the Gen4 G37's have a dual recoil spring??? Thanks for the report!

4. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Firecop..will try to get you some pics asap....as to SGT, I haven't had time to play with any of the backstraps other than the one it shipped with....but it seems to fit me fine....the recoil spring system is the dual, as in the subcompacts.....overall, the gun shoots good for me out of the box....not sure if it was ordered this way, but our guns have the extended slide stop lever, also.
    Will tell more when I have time to get out and play....right now we are trying to get the rest of the department transitioned.
    Bill

5. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Ok Bill., Keep us posted on experiences with them. I am really intrigued by the GEN4 G37, especially the dual recoil spring system. Let me know how they perform. Did you guys piggyback on the FHP order?

6. glock37gap

glock37gap

Jun 3, 2010
    Summerville, SC
    am i understanding this correctly that ghp has/is transitioning to the gen4 gaps? if so why are they changing firearms so quickly? interesting

7. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Ah, I don't think so. Billpole might be from a PD in Georgia. I don't think he meant to imply that GHP went to the G4G37. Maybe I'm wrong, but what I gathered is "his PD" is transitioning.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  8. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    As far as I know, Georgia State Patrol is still in the 3rd gen model 37.
    I am retired from them, and with the local S.O. We are the ones that have the 4th gen guns...and today we got about 12 of our officers transitioned...nothing but positive comments from them. Our Line people have the Model 38, and our narcs and investigators have the model 38.
    Bill

9. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Have you had a chance to compare the Gen3 with the Gen4? Im especially curios as to whether the slide on the Gen4s are a little narrower than the Gen3s?

10. Jr.

Jr. CLM

Sep 18, 2008
    IL,IN,FL
    I'm assuming 3rd gen 38's??

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    There is no change in the slide width. All GAP Glocks come with an extended slide stop lever, and that is because of the wider slide/standard frame.

12. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Mar 13, 1999
    I ran a few rounds through a Gen4 G37 the other day. Accuracy was very nice. I just can't get use to the texture of the grip frame.

I shot it without either of the optional backstraps. I prefer the standard feel (2mm).

13. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Hey, guys...sorry for the delay...been going nuts getting the department transitioned. Yes, the model 38's are 3rd gen, and yes, I LOVE the model 37...nothing but positive comments from our officers. If I read my digital calipers right, the 4th gen slide is .010 thinner than the 3rd gen I measured. One interesting note, I switched one of the guns to a left hand mag release, and discovered that our new Safariland ALS holsters don't like that........pops the ma g out when you holster...more on that when we get an answer from Safariland.
    and, I Promise, some pics when I get back home...should be next week.
    Stay safe, all
    Bill

14. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Thanks for the update billpole and glad you guys are enjoying it.
    Looking forward to the pics. :supergrin:

15. apache64

apache64

May 3, 2006
    Saw one at a match but was unable to fire it.

Bill, do you folks like the ALS in general? Our GG holster is poor.

16. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Our troops are wild about this holster...we have the paddle type for plainclothes people and admin, and the road crew use the 6360 mod that features the hood and shield. Both are VERY fast, and according to Safariland....just the als alone requires 400 lbs of pressure to defeat........We got our people converted to the new system in one 3 hour block of training.....not saying we could not use more practice. I HIGHLY recommend it!!
    Bill

17. apache64

apache64

May 3, 2006
    Thanks. We were told because SL did not make a rated G37 holster at the time we went with something else. Funny, GG did not make one either, but made one at request.

18. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    I do miss my G37 (traded it for a G21 - which is awesome too)