close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Dates and CCW

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jeremy_283, Aug 16, 2012.

1. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

A CCW question crossed my mind, I know I could have posted in the CCW forum but I was curious about a more generalized opinion rather than the "where I go my gun goes" sort of people.....

So,

For you single folks out there, do you CCW on your first dates?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

CCW. If you're good at keeping it concealed, they shouldn't find out unless you get lucky.

If you're getting some on the first date, you got bigger fish to fry, like hoping you have another form of "protection" on you.

3. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

OP: let me guess...she bailed on the date, so now you don't have to worry about the CCW issue??

4. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

A) the hardcore have poor reading comprehension, they will post regardless.
    B) that's a tough decision, leaving the gun in the car would be even creepier if she sees it.

My real answer comes with a question: you sound like you may be willing to go without, are there other situations where you choose to not carry? Is it like a part of your body? If it is a part of your identity I say carry. She will have to accept you for who you are if the relationship will go anywhere.

If things go fast and you end up in an intimate situation, there's no hiding that unless you can come up with an reason to excuse yourself and disarm in a bathroom or in the car (but a gentleman always opens her door, so that's iffy).

If its not an extension of your hip, and you are comfortable without it, don't carry on the first date but bring up the subject when things are going smoothly, and if it gets to a second date you can remind her you're carrying for the protection of both of you. If she's an anti you'll probably want to walk off anyways.

5. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl:

He asked her.

"Uhm, yea, mrs. first date, is it ok if I carry my glock 17C with a couple spare 33rd mags?"

6. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

The thought just crossed my mind... I'm not going on any dates

7. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

In my opinion, the best first date is a trip to a gun range before dinner :), so things could work out naturally.

8. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

Deleted post cause I thought it may have been a dumb topic but....

reinserted original question, for you :upeyes:

No, I'm not going on any dates now or in the immediate future

9. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

First dates and ccw do not mix. I've been almost hit 3 times.

10. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

That's why you carry your weapon with you. :supergrin:

If you are a legally licensed CCW holder wishing to protect your life, liberty, and those around you I say: Get it out in the open before you have a date. If another person has problems that you carry, the relationship is not going to work anyway (fundamental difference, victim vs. prevention).

11. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

I've politely excused myself and disarmed in the truck before.

I've taken it with me before.

I've left it at home before.

12. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

A recipe for a disaster date?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl:

Is that coat from express? I think I have the same one, or had. My girlfriend's sister stole it from me last winter and I think she's still wearing it. :crying:

14. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Sure. Every time. Once a girl grabbed it, patted it, got wide-eyed and asked, "What the hell is that?!" To which I replied, half-drunkenly, "Oh, thats just my badmitton racket, baby." and grinned. From then on she was holding my arm (our date was, oddly enough, with another couple into mud bogs and then into some deep woods and along a shore for some exploring and drinking) insisting she stay next to me so I could protect her with my badmitton racket.

We were in bed the next date.

Its not about the gun. Its all about YOU. Your demeanor and how safe you are perceived as. If you're decked out in head-to-toe 5.11 gear and try to pretend you're some kind of special forces CCW champion, you're going to get left. If you're just calm, relaxed, and cool about it and diffuse the situation with a joke and/or a smile, you'll be fine.

15. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

Smartcarry. By the time she finds it...

16. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

When i was single i would just tell them before the first date that i carried. If they were cool they were cool. If they werent the date didnt happen. My guns and i come as a package. They dont want the guns.....they dont get me. That easy.

When i met my wonderful gf, she ended up grabbing aylt it when we were joking around, and asked if it was a gun, nervously i replied ."uhhhh yeah. I have a ccw...." which she replied COOOOOOL! WHAT KIND!? CAN I TOUCH IT!?" lol weve been together ever since.

17. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

And then later on after you post on GT about how everyone knows that you carry and you were fired, ran out of church, and no longer allowed at your brother's wife's parents house on holiday get togethers, someone will say "Why did anyone outside of immediate family knew you carried?"

18. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Yep, that info is covered before the date. Guns are apart of my life. If you can't deal with it. Then we can save alot of time and my money.

My wife is fine with it. I moved in her house. But, I had a condition. I need a gun room. I built it in the basement. So, I think I chose the right one. Although, she doesn't know about the AK under the bed:tongueout:

19. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

While the story is amusing, we don't discuss the performance of illegal acts. Every State has a law against CCW while intoxicated.

20. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

I guess its a good thing I didn't violate any Florida statutes by carrying drunk, then, huh?