close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First 1911: Pics and Range Report "Metro Arms American Classic Deluxe"

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by doc540, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida

2. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Feb 13, 2008
    Jetguns has these for 434 shipped. Seems to be an excellent gun for the money - For those who have both the Metro Arms and the RIA tactical, what would be your preference between the two?

Also, what does the maker/import stamp read on the right side of the pistol at the top of the grip? Just curious.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  3. flynjump

flynjump

Apr 6, 2007
    CT
    It says "MetroArms Corp Manila Phils.
    Imported by RSA Inc Ocean NJ

I bought the exact same gun this morning, Test fired by the factory 6/16/2010

After a quick cleaning I went from the gunshop to my range. I fired two magazines fairly rapidly to check functiob ing and was rewarded with 8 shots in an inch and a half at 8 yards, Shoots to point of aim, don't need to touch the sights. Then I had three students each shoot 16 rounds (none had shot handguns prior to today) all 16 rounds each were within 4 to 5 inch groups.

The trigger breaks at just over 5 pounds very little creep or over travel.

My other 1911 is a $1700.00 custom job, this one I paid $429.95 for.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. flynjump

flynjump

Apr 6, 2007
    CT
    PS Mine came in a nice hard plastic case, no cardboard! But only one magazine, bought 4 more Kimber 8 round mags for $19.95 each.

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Nice 1911. :) I like the grips and would leave them on. It will not be your last I would wager. :)

6. Glocklover12

Glocklover12

Mar 5, 2012
    I just picked one up, I traded a G23 gen 3 that I put about 6000 rounds through. I was getting some scuff marks it was getting wore out. So I cleaned it up and was going to trade it for a 19, but I saw this bad boy and right then I knew I was walking out the door with it in hand, I gave fifty dollars boot for it, three mags and a box of fmj.

7. Glocklover12

Glocklover12

Mar 5, 2012
    I got some wrap around grips for it sweet setup.[​IMG]

8. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Nov 11, 2010
    Nebraskastan
    LMAO!! You weren't wearing that Glock out! Nuts!

Ummm...I have a Metro ACII. It's a good gun but I wouldn't have given a G23 plus $50 for it.

Also those grips are hideous. Are you trolling?

9. Billy10mm

Billy10mm

Jun 27, 2008
    Hartsdale, NY
    Wearing it out? How exactly? My Gen 3 G23 has between 50 and 75K rounds through it and runs like a champ and looks almost brand new.

10. Glocklover12

Glocklover12

Mar 5, 2012
    I got three extra mags and a box of ammo to go with it. It came with 2 already. The fifty dollar was because the mags I got with were 21 dollars apiece, they're Chip McCormick, power 10 mags. So yeah, and it was wore out it was made in the 90's and the I bought it from my brother. He put thousands of rounds through it. He never cleaned it. I still got a couple Glocks so I ain't missing it... And not those grips are not ugly I like them they reduce recoil.

11. Glocklover12

Glocklover12

Mar 5, 2012
    My brother got it from a police trade in. He got bored it, so I bought it from him. He shot it almost everyday fifty rounds everyday. I noticed some problems, with it the slide on the bottom, of the slide it had chips in the metal, a fact that I did not tell the shop. The sights where loose, on the front. It was put through hell. I only bought it from my brother because he was asking 200 for it, I got 400 for it in the trade.

12. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Nov 11, 2010
    Nebraskastan
    Dude c'mon! It's gun traders like you who make me leery of used guns. I cain't believe you got on GT and talked about how you scammed a gun shop. Some poor noob will prolly end up with a less than healthy Glock now.

You deserve those hideous grips!