close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First 1911 on order

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by BlackPaladin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. After a lot of thinking on the subject, I veered away from my Glock for one exception, with the 1911 centennial and all:supergrin:.

I placed an order for a Smith and Wesson TFP model as my first. The reason behind this specific model was I wanted a rail-less black, full sized frame. I wanted something basic, but good to go out of the box. I was able to get a price of $755+tax, which seems ok anyway. Will post pics on arrival!

2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! :cool:

Looking forward to pics.

3. I do hear a bit of concern about S&W using external extracters in these models. Is this something I should be any concerned over, or no big deal?

4. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! :cool:

S&W got it right. I've not heard nor read of any issues with their external extractors.

This has about 3k rounds through it with zero issues.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. you may never go back. $500 plastic may be a thing of your past. mucho congrats.

6. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Very nice. Congrats. I like the S&W 1911s, haven't heard of any problems with the external extractor, you should be fine.

7. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
  8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Congrats!!!

yes, welcome!!!! we have donuts!!!

[​IMG]

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    You don't hear it from anyone who actually owns one.

10. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
  11. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    That's not true..... Yam puts a number of rounds downrange and this is what he's said about them.

Although I WILL say it was interesting that he called the new E-series GTG when the extractor pin fell out?

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

I couldn't agree more as my S&W Sc1911 was poorly fitted with cheap MIM and an even cheaper trigger that caused the pistol to fail at the 3000K-ish round count.

..........the EE worked great though!

13. Will definetely post pics when it arrives, I could have been a little more forthcoming on that. I ordered it last Wednesday however it is a 3-6 month wait for this model at this time. I called and talked to Mike Fischer this afternoon in regards to this as he is the law enforcement sales coordinator for S&W for my area. He said that S&W's equipment for manufacturing this pistol was out of commission for awhile as the machinery was getting so worn out that they could not keep parts in the correct tolerances. He said that they have brought in new equipment and that they will be up and running shortly and at that time, start filling in backorders first to get things going. He said that 3-6 months is a realistic timeframe, so that is dissapointing, but he did say to call back in a month or so and he would see what strings could be pulled.

Edit, realized that EE is a series

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  14. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    grats I like to own a Smith and Wesson 1911 one day to.

15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA