close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

First 1911 here.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by kamonjj, Apr 7, 2012.

1. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Attached in a pic of my new Kimber Desert Warrior.

The following upgrades: EGW thick barrel bushing and long plug. Wilson combat bullet proof extractor, firing pin, firing pin stop, GI guide rod, slide stop lever, extra power firing pin spring. Harrison designs hammer, sear, disconnector, plunger tube, and ed brown safety.

I got it locally with a very low round count, x300, 10 wilson combat mags, and 250 rounds of ammo. Plus all original parts and documentation for only 1300.

I put close to 500 through it so far and its ran like a champ. I did a very light polish on the feed ramp, throat, bolt face, and disconnector track.

It definitely out shoots me and I love it so far. I'm planning on getting some better grips, and a different ambi safety.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

2. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon

Feb 10, 2001
    Beyond the beyond
    That is a very nice firearm. Well done.

We trudge on.

3. 257 roberts

257 roberts

Mar 18, 2012
    very nice,keep us(me)posted on how you like it,round count etc..I'm looking at getting another 1911

4. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I'll definitely keep everyone posted on my progress with it. I'm going to working up some loads for it this coming weekish, as soon as precision delta decides to send me my shipment. I have another 150 rds of factory ammo laying around I'm going to run through on monday or sometime this week. Plus I'll be trying different types of SD ammo to see which it may tend to favor if any.

I'd like to have this as my night stand gun but, my G21 is just such a sweet shooter. Its one of those guns where the glock factory parts just came together so well and the trigger pull is the best ever felt on a glock ever, and I work on peoples glocks all the time. Not to mention the 26 I carry had a trigger kit in it.

5. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

Jan 22, 2002
    Near Phoenix, Arizona
    WOW. Congrats....one hell of deal. The parts changes must have been done by someone who knew what they were doing. Glad it's running well for you.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Sweet, I like the Warrior series from Kimber :)

7. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Yea the parts were fitted by a gunsmith.

Just in case anyone is curious I varied up the factory ammo I put through it. I have shot aguila, pmc, lawman, and independence. I'll keep seeing of the local Walmart gets any in before I get my order from precision delta. When I get a new gun I enjoy seeing if it will eat anything I feed it.

8. flieger67

flieger67

Jan 21, 2010
    Central OH
    Nice-looking pistol and quite an assortment of top-notch interior parts. Sort of a hotrod Kimber, eh?

9. GlockN

GlockN

Apr 15, 2011
    Like the pistol, hate the light. I prefer my weapons to go bare.

10. kj4963

kj4963

Oct 29, 2011
    Thornton, Colorado
    Nice pistol, I bought a cheaper Remington 1911 to start. Would love to get a Kimber.

11. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I actually wasn't looking to spend so much but couldn't pass it up when I took a look at everything that was included. It has over 500 worth of mags and a light. I figured even if I went a different route I could definitely re coup my funds.

12. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Last night/today I tweaked the thumb safety. It was a little stiffer putting it on then I like. I filed it a hair and now its near perfect.

Tomorrow I'm heading to the range. Won't be shooting the kimber too much but, I'll be putting a few mags through it.

13. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Well I took it to the range again today. I put 50 rounds of aguila through it. 25 Rounds of Golden Sabre JHPs, and 25 Rounds of Federal Hydrashok.

I did have a failure to feed on the last round of federal hyrdrashok. It was nose up. Brand new chip mccormick power + mag 8 round mag. I don't know whats up with that

14. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    I don't like Kimbers but that one looks NICE.

15. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Yea I didn't like kimbers either until I got this one. Got me wanting a Wilson combat or night hawk