Glock Talk banner

First 1911 10mm

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BuckyP 
#1 ·
Well this is my first foray into the 1911 scene, but I had shot a few 1911s and always enjoyed it. Been on the hunt for a 10mm CBOB for a while, but the timing just never worked out until recently. Found this (2007 I assume, based on the un-ramped barrel) locally and went after it. Not sure if I am going to need to figure out a solution to the un-ramped barrel when using Underwood ammo, but for right now I'm enjoying it as is. Also in the future are a new set of grips and some leather.

See less See more
#7 ·
Well this is my first foray into the 1911 scene, but I had shot a few 1911s and always enjoyed it. Been on the hunt for a 10mm CBOB for a while, but the timing just never worked out until recently. Found this (2007 I assume, based on the un-ramped barrel) locally and went after it. Not sure if I am going to need to figure out a solution to the un-ramped barrel when using Underwood ammo, but for right now I'm enjoying it as is. Also in the future are a new set of grips and some leather.

Be on the lookout for Underwood Delta Elite load 180 gr 1240 fps, or
Georgia arms 180 gr Gold Dot at 1200-1180 fps or Sig Sauer V crown ammo FMJ and JHP at 1250 fps. All are full power but not nuclear.

#8 ·
Be on the lookout for Underwood Delta Elite load 180 gr 1240 fps, or
Georgia arms 180 gr Gold Dot at 1200-1180 fps or Sig Sauer V crown ammo FMJ and JHP at 1250 fps. All are full power but not nuclear.
I think underwood discontinued the delta elite loads and now say all their loads are safe for use in the delta elite.

#11 ·
What after market mags, if any are you using? I have had good luck with the Tripp mags so far.
While I don't have a 10mm, I'm using Tripp 10mm magazines in my .40 with great luck. I do load my .40s long, closer to 10mm length. I have 9 round, 10 rounds, and the 10 round "fit box" magazines, with the latter getting the most use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.