Firing Pin Safety and Spring

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Glock 26 gen 4.

My Firing Pin Safety and Spring came apart. How do you get the spring to reset back in the firing pin safety?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 billn, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Firing Pin Safety Spring and Reset General Glocking Sep 25, 2015
    Firing Pin Safety Plunger & Trigger Improvement General Glocking Sep 22, 2015
    Lone Wolf Dist: Glock firing pin safety makeover... Gun-Parts & Access. Jun 18, 2015
    Chipping in firing pin safety channel General Glocking Jun 17, 2015
    Animation of Glock firing pin safety and trigger bar General Glocking Jun 15, 2015

3. Push the spring into the safety & twist.

Or you could try sitting the spring vertically on a hard flat surface (table top) and pushing the safety onto the spring, all the way down to the flat surface.

4. Push the spring in until you hear the click as it locks into place. You might have to rotate the spring a little if it doesn't want to lock in at first.
  5. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Make sure not to bend the spring!
  6. sometimes when you push it in turn it counterclockwise while your pushing.
  7. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Buy "The Complete Glock Reference Guide", read it, study the pictures, and never rely on answers related to safety issues on GT.
  8. guns54

guns54 toni

I had the same with my saftey and spring, I got it to stay in, But did not here it click.
    #7 guns54, Feb 6, 2013
  9. I finally got it in by pressing the spring all the way down on computer pad and a small 1/4 turn twist. I am not sure if that is the glock armorer way or not.
  10. Is there a photo of a inside view of the firing pen safety? I would love to see what the spring is resetting in.
  11. guns54

guns54 toni

I have a buddie that lives next door to me, He was a gun smith at one time, I will let him look at it. Ill take it out and have him put it in, Just to make sure its right.
  12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

You did just fine. This is the procedure straight from the Glock Armorer's Manual, ©GLOCK 2009, Page 30:

"If the spring should become separated from the safety, merely press either end back into its receptacle in the bottom of the safety. Compress the spring fully and turn it 1/4 turn clockwise. When the spring is released, it should be reattached to the safety. If the spring is not firmly attached, it may fall into the recess, turn sideways and not provide proper spring tension to the safety."​

Typically, you can hear it click into place with the 1/4 turn and it stays attached with a gentle tug.

You were wise to pay attention to get it reattached properly. A firing pin safety spring that has kinked and turned sideways in the recess is notorious for causing a pistol to unintentionally fire short bursts of auto fire (2-3 rounds) with a single trigger pull; very dangerous.
    #11 GRT45, Feb 6, 2013
  13. guns54

guns54 toni

Did you her it click when you got it in.
  14. I do not hear that well. I could not tell if it clicked or not.
  15. guns54

guns54 toni

Same here, My hearing is shot. Have a safe day. guns54.