close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firestorm .22

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by centurion, Feb 19, 2010.

1. centurion

centurion
    Expand Collapse

Thinking about picking one up. Any one have any positive or negative comments? Made by Bersa. .22 cal version of their .380.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. jj40

jj40
    Expand Collapse

I have no experience with the .22. However, love my Bersa Thunder .380!

3. lanternlad

lanternlad
    Expand Collapse
    Mythmatician

Good luck finding one. If you do, let me know. I've been wanting one of those for a while but can't find one anywhere. They're very popular, and go like hotcakes.

4. Spitzerbullet

Spitzerbullet
    Expand Collapse

Mine is a jam-o-matic. I think it's an early one and it has constant failures to extract with every brand of ammo I've tried. I believe it has a weak extractor spring and is jumping the rims. One of these days I'll try to fix it. I like every other thing about it, I just wish it was reliable.

5. Tingle

Tingle
    Expand Collapse

Had mine about a year and a half with no problems. I use minimags and goldens. Like most .22 I have used it will act up when filthy, clean and lube and it's fine again.

6. BK63

BK63
    Expand Collapse

Had one a while back and it was a jam-o-matic, finally got rid of it.

7. Pitt

Pitt
    Expand Collapse
    Gangstalicious

I've had several Bersas and one other Firestorm. All were centerfire guns. All were reliable to a fault. GTer Ferfal recommends the Firestorm/Bersa .22s highly. I'm looking for one myself. If you get one, let us know how it works for you.

8. Retired Squid

Retired Squid
    Expand Collapse

Have known two guys with one, one was worthless and the other perfect and were bought at same time and store one day and dealer gave them a real good price. It was only two he had and never has had another for some reason.

But I had a Beretta Bobcat that I really liked but failure rate was about 50% and got a chance to get my money back and got rid of the gun. That's been my one and only Beretta. They do make beautiful SA revolvers.

9. CajunBass

CajunBass
    Expand Collapse

My wife has one that she has run, literally thousands of rounds through. With CCI mini mags, it runs like a Swiss watch, but chokes with most other ammo. No matter, she used it for her first carry gun, and planned to use CCI's anyway.

Extra magazines are somewhat expensive. A Don Hume J.I.T. belt slide holster for a Makarov is a perfect fit.