close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firefox update issue 2.0.0.5

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by hapuna, Jul 19, 2007.

1. hapuna

hapuna
    Expand Collapse
    Trusted Member

Firefox did its auto update and now I'm getting a lot of messages that FF can't find the server at _____.
    I have tabs that work fine and others that can't function. Is anyone aware of this or what might be causing it?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.
    Expand Collapse

3. hapuna

hapuna
    Expand Collapse
    Trusted Member

It may have just been a coincidence that my Internet provider was having some problems cause all of a sudden everything is working fine again????:banana:

4. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo
    Expand Collapse

Mine started doing that just a day or two ago, immediately after I installed ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it is still happening from time to time.

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.
    Expand Collapse

The updates to Firefox are security updates. You might change your default home page to a simple one like Google. Pages with a lot of things on them might time out the first especially if they are the default home page. Go to Google and then the page you want. It should load okat then.

6. Blitzer

Blitzer
    Expand Collapse
    Cool Cat

So it ain't Zone Alarm, reinstall it quick! :shocked:

My update of Firefox, other than a few add-ins not being compatible, works flawlessly! :supergrin:

7. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo
    Expand Collapse

Blitzer, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed, I hadn't uninstalled ZoneAlarm I had only shut it down. Once I did uninstall ZoneAlarm Firefox started working like a charm again. D.C. it wasn't only the home page that was producing the error message it was just about every site I went to including GT and Google.

At this point I'm just putting it down to Vista and ZoneAlarm not working well together.