close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Firefox question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by harlenm, Jun 18, 2005.

1. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Jul 20, 1999
    CT
    I have my home pages set on 4 tabs. When you hit home, it opens all 4 home pages in new tabs, so I know have 8 tabs open.

Is there any way to set it so that when I hit home, all 4 tabs are reloaded to the home page without having 4 new tabs open up?

Thanks

2. jhall

jhall

Apr 16, 2002
    Texas
    Id like to know if this is possible also. :)

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    first of all, I would like to know how to set up four different tabs with home pages.

4. Creeper1313

Creeper1313 Aequitas

Feb 3, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't know if there's a solution to the original poster's question, but to have multiple home sites, enter them in the Tools/Options/General/Homepage box separated by the "|" character (SHIFT+\).

EG:

www.google.com | www.glocktalk.com

Would make you open up both in tabs when you hit home.

5. jhall

jhall

Apr 16, 2002
    Texas
    lol. I didn't know it was possible either till I read the original posters question. Then it bugged me that I didnt have more than one homepage.

Now it bugs me that when i hit home it doesnt just refresh...;g

So, bewarned..

Anyway, open up the tabs that you want set as your homepages.

Then click Tools - Options - General and click 'Use Current Pages' under the homepage section.

Hope this helps!

6. Creeper1313

Creeper1313 Aequitas

Feb 3, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    PS It's a shame this doesn't also work with bookmarks. That way I could set my Glock Talk bookmark to open the 5-6 GT boards I frequent most often.

Though it's not by using the home button, you can reload all open tabs by right clicking on the tab bar and choosing "Reload all tabs".

7. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

Oct 14, 1999
    Roswell, GA
    What I've done is to give each Glocktalk forum that I frequent its own bookmark and I put them in their own bookmark folder. Then, when I go into my bookmarks, I select my Glocktalk folder and click the "Open in tabs" item.

8. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    Aridzona
    Very cool. You just saved me a bunch of time. 10-20 seconds AT LEAST! ;)

Still, it was something I didn't know before and now I've got it put into place. Thanks.

9. jhall

jhall

Apr 16, 2002
    Texas
    Glad to help Texas T! I'm learning more and more about firefox everyday. I love this browser. :)

And I must say I love high speed internet! (if you cant tell, i just got both within the last couple weeks.;f