close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Firefox problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Romadoc, May 16, 2005.

1. Romadoc

Romadoc

Aug 26, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    I downloaded the new patch for Firefox as requested by my Firefox screen. I believe it was 1.4. Since then, my machine has slowed as though trudging through a swamp. What's up?

2. troyboy30

troyboy30

Aug 6, 2003
    Smyrna, GA

3. LoWRyDa

LoWRyDa Homercles

Aug 25, 2001
    Albuquerque, NM
    I had the same problem with Firefox, but before the install, i used it like 9 months ago, it was slow as hell, unsintalled and tried again at the recommendation of a friend within the last 2 weeks, but nope, its still slow as hell, any ideas what this could be? i really liked the tabbed viewing and once i started using it my spyware went from like 60 found to only about 10, but its just way to slow, IE blows it away on load times(maybe 1 second to load a new IE browser, 10sec minimum for FF) on my computer and Firefox also kills my resources, i used to be able to have upto 20 IE's open and it would never slow, but now when i have anymore than 3 or 4 of FF the system comes to a halt, and then they just randomly shut close without a warning.

4. Romadoc

Romadoc

Aug 26, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    I did a "clean" re-install. However, the machine continues to have problems...ie. "operation timed out", "waiting for google" and just slow operation. Additionally, a formally well working download of "Spy Sweeper" now appears with the word "error" in the upper part of the logo. I have referred this to Webroot. The fact remains that all this grief is subsequent to changing to the new Foxfire.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

Sep 19, 2003
    East Central Indiana
    My experience has been completely opposite. Firefox, even untweaked, is much faster than IE. It's more stable and contains built in features IE needs external programs to have.

6. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    I had the same problem with 1.04. I uninstalled everything and tehn reinstalled -- all seemed well. The I tried to install spellbound... No Joy -- it won't install.

ARS

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Nov 25, 2000
    Pinellas County, FL
    Firefox does load slower than IE, but then again half the code isn't in the system software. Typically when I've had a problem with FF, deleting the user profile gets rid of it.