close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firefox issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by painkiller, Jun 19, 2007.

1. i have been using firefox for maybe a year now,and love it!no more internet explorer for me i thought,well until last week!i dont know what happenend but now firefox will not load up anypages.it will load up a page,but i will get a blank white screen,that says done on the bottom,and i cant do anything.refresh,back,forward,stop buttons arent usable.nothing comes up.i have deleted the program,downloaded it again,with the same issues.there help links are of no use and i 'm going bat nuts!the version is the latest one on their website,cant recall which one.anybody have any clues?

2. FastZ

FastZ

Jun 11, 2007
    Tennessee
    Good suggestion DC. And I believe the newest version of FF out at the moment is 2.0.0.4.

3. Ditto++

And check your hard drive's cache size and set it for fixed and at least twice the computer's system RAM after you clean the drive(s).

4. how do i check my hard drive's cache size?i am running xp home,and am not sure.is it through the internet options?how do i clear the cache?is it the same as cookies and temp internet files?

5. Also, you need to think in Russian. You cannot think in English and expect it to translate. You must think in Russian.

:animlol:

Sorry, I've been waiting to use that joke for a while. This ends our brief thread hijack -- we return you to your regularly scheduled troubleshooting session.

6. nickg

nickg

Jan 16, 2002
    DC - thanks for bringing this program to my attention. i downloaded it last night and ran it. WOW!!...if found stuff on there that i had NO idea was there, and things that other programs never found. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7. DC--the programs were awesome!but am still unsure how to clear the cache on my harddrive and set it for twice the size and stuff.ran both programs and cleared temp internet folders and firefox still not loading.what can i do?

8. http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_assembly_needs.shtml

9. You may want to completely uninstall Firefox, then REBOOT the PC. Run Ccleaner click "Issues" icon this will sort some registry things then scan with AWC , then install Firefox and see how it works. You may want to reboot right after installing fitrefox before trying it.