close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Firefox favorites help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Clyde in CO, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    Is there a way to move folders of favorites from one profile of firefox to another?

thanks for the help

end of line

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Just guessing, as I don't use Firefox under profiles, but it seems this should work.

Open Firefox with the profile that has the Bookmarks you want. Click Bookmarks, Export, and export the html file to your desktop. Close that Firefox profile.

Open Firefox under the New profile, Click File Import, and import the html file you just saved to your desktop to the new profile.

If you're only wanting to export 1 or 2 Folders, I'm not sure that can be done. I just poked around for a few minutes, tried Cut/Paste, Copy/Paste, etc. It doesn't appear you can export only 1 or 2 folders.

IGF

3. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    thanks for the imput.

I figured it out.

I did just want to move a couple of folders.

The way it was done was I opened one profile then opened the bookmarks.html file for the other profile in the browser window.

Dragged and dropped the links I wasnted to keep to the bookmarks folder.... viola~

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Makes sense, never even thought of that....

IGF