close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firefighters shot while battling New York blaze

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Random

Random AtticRat

May 27, 2001
    New Orleans
    Someone really wanted that building to go up.

2. Crazy story... I just saw the blurb video on Fox and the FD spokesman only spoke about the wounded fireman who drove himself from the scene. No mention at all about the 2 that had were killed... The title of the story indicated 2 were killed, the anchor presented it as 2 firefighters killed, but no details.

I am interested it what they find out about the fire, the gunman, and the origin of the weapon... I think unfortunately this will be a painfully obvious trifecta of stupidity. Arson to cover a crime, a repeat felon behind the gun, and a gun that was less than legally obtained.

Ptayers to the families of the fallen.

3. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    I’m sure it was a band of Democrats hyped up on big gulps they smuggled in from a Wawa in Jersey.

4. ucop27

ucop27

Apr 4, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    2 firefighters died.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

5. Yeah that's the headline here on Fox and Yahoo, but no details yet. I hope they catch the gunman alive for a change. I'm tired of these idiots taking the easy way out.

Again, prayers to the families...and Godsspeed to the cops, get that guy!

6. FFs used to carry shotguns in their rigs
    during "civil unrest" of the '60s.

7. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Kansas
    I was expecting it to be in the projects somewhere in NYC. Apparently this is not the case.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Hope they find this guy, or guys, and give them a needle.

Rabid dogs need to be put down.

9. This is an awful thing. I cannot imagine stepping out of the rig and being fired upon at 0600 on Christmas Eve.

10. One suspect is in custody

11. West Webster FD Firefighter.

[​IMG]

12. One of the deceased was also a LT. in the Webster PD. The Police Chief had to choke back tears in the press conference. All of these guys are volunteers.

It appears that the shooter killed himself.

13. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    This didn't really happened. Must be a mistake.
    Mayor Bloomberg assured us that cities like NY who ban guns are safer than cities who don't.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  14. diamondd2

diamondd2

Apr 23, 2010
  15. :upeyes:

16. It does not appear so. It's on the waterfront.

17. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    Just reported on Fox News ... No idea if the weapon used was the type of assault rifle people have been talking about. Wow!

18. bockerSV

bockerSV

Feb 3, 2012
    Webster is actually a fairly rural community in upstate NY. All of us New Yorkers aren't downstate, big city folks. 2 firefighters dead, 2 wounded in guarded condition. Had a firefighter who was on scene say that it may have been another firefighter that did the shooting although nothing of that sort had been said in the news so it's speculation as of right now.

19. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
    Guy this is not NY city. This is a up scale town in western NY on lake Ontario .west Webster is a very nice place to live just minutes from Rochester.

This murder set a trap to kill fire fighters.

Two brave heroes are dead. At least two more are shot. The murder is dead. Six plus houses are burning .

Sad sad day here in Rochester.

molan labe