close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearms Instructor Schools : What are the differences

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Line Rider, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Line Rider

Line Rider
    Expand Collapse

Recently I have found out that Alabama POSTC now recognizes FBI, NRA and FLECTC courses for firearms instructors.

I haven't heard a lot about the differences in the three. Most of the officers here have been to FBI since it's run about 4 to 6 times a year in North Alabama. I knew one guy who is NRA, but I've lost contact with him. NRA is offered in NW Alabama. As far as FLECTC, I've only meet one guy who was a Fed the went thru back in the 1980's.

Can anyone tell me the differences in the three?

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44
    Expand Collapse
    Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

If the choice were between FBI or NRA I would go FBI. I have gone to both and found the FBI one much better.

YMMV.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

Yup ... FBI> NRA...

FLECTC is also very good..

After that go to as much "off site" as you can

I went to S&W academy(in the day) for revelver and tactical pistol instruction and it was some of the best information on teaching handgun skills I have ever received.

4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44
    Expand Collapse
    Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

The Best firearms instructor course I ever attended was Mas Ayoobs Police semiautomatic pistol instructor course. Learned more there than I did in all the other courses combined.

5. Bullman

Bullman
    Expand Collapse
    Deranged Deputy

Used to be about half or more the people that tried to get a Firearms instructors ticket through CLEET in Oklahoma failed because it was so dadgum hard to get past the first block, Revolver instructor school. Been away so long now I don't know if they have that dinosaur in the mix anymore but being able to shoot 540 out of 600 wasn't as easy as it sounded.