close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Firearms Instructor Schools : What are the differences

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Line Rider, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Recently I have found out that Alabama POSTC now recognizes FBI, NRA and FLECTC courses for firearms instructors.

I haven't heard a lot about the differences in the three. Most of the officers here have been to FBI since it's run about 4 to 6 times a year in North Alabama. I knew one guy who is NRA, but I've lost contact with him. NRA is offered in NW Alabama. As far as FLECTC, I've only meet one guy who was a Fed the went thru back in the 1980's.

Can anyone tell me the differences in the three?

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    If the choice were between FBI or NRA I would go FBI. I have gone to both and found the FBI one much better.

YMMV.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Yup ... FBI> NRA...

FLECTC is also very good..

After that go to as much "off site" as you can

I went to S&W academy(in the day) for revelver and tactical pistol instruction and it was some of the best information on teaching handgun skills I have ever received.

4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    The Best firearms instructor course I ever attended was Mas Ayoobs Police semiautomatic pistol instructor course. Learned more there than I did in all the other courses combined.

5. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Used to be about half or more the people that tried to get a Firearms instructors ticket through CLEET in Oklahoma failed because it was so dadgum hard to get past the first block, Revolver instructor school. Been away so long now I don't know if they have that dinosaur in the mix anymore but being able to shoot 540 out of 600 wasn't as easy as it sounded.