close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fire pic ....or Rig pic

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by oldstyle, Aug 22, 2005.

1. jbcarr25

jbcarr25

Mar 22, 2005
    Thats a big, big owwey!!
    What made it go up??

2. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    Oooops!

I take it no one was hurt?

(except for pride, perhaps?)

3. Oldstyle, Sorry to hear about your rig. I have two emails from articles in the news if you want I can send them to you.

4. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Yea, that would be great! My email is chch2@comcast.net .
    No, nobody was hurt. The truck was returning (unstaffed and stripped) from the LaFrance shop for warranty work on the generator. Cause hasn't been determined, but it is odd that the fire was immediately behind where the generator was mounted. The hydraulic fluid resevior was mounted behind the generator.

A local radio DJ commented how inept the crew was for not extinguishing the fire. After all, you have water and hoses don't you? ;g

Meanwhile, we're using a retired tiller ladder from the city motorpool.

5. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I received some new pics of our old truck. Investigation still underway. Truck is locked away, with 24 hr video monitoring....
    [​IMG]

6. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA

Why is the truck locked away with 24h video?? Is there some reason, or does the place it is stored at just have that security?

7. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    The truck was returning from down state for warranty work to the generator. If the cause of fire can be determined, then liability may fall on Am LaFrance and the service center. All I know is the truck was fine until they "fixed" it. The generator was located above and in front of the rear wheels, along with a hydraulic fluid resevoir.

[​IMG]