close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fire Academy Offers EMT-B Courses (Coral Springs, Florida)

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by c-mama, Oct 21, 2004.

1. c-mama

c-mama Moderator Moderator

Jan 15, 2004
    Tangled in my yarn...
    Just got the quarterly publication for our city in the mail today. I was looking through it and found this article on the EMT-B courses. I found it timely in light of this forum being opened up. Thought I would share the article for you. I'm very proud of our guys and gals who help keep our city safe. ;?

Please, please, please forgive typing errors. I typed out the whole article and, although I ran it through a spelling test, I'm not the best at proof-reading. ;)

2. groverglock

groverglock Guns & Hoses

Mar 4, 2002
    CA
    Mama, thanks for your help.:) :) :) :)

3. vinnieglkm17

vinnieglkm17

Dec 21, 2003
    Ft Lauderdale
    Crochetmama are you in EMS? Hey thanks again for your help I did end up using the last one as you can see!;a

4. c-mama

c-mama Moderator Moderator

Jan 15, 2004
    Tangled in my yarn...
    Nope, vinnie, I'm not in the EMS. Just do alot of praying for the guys and gals everytime we hear the sirens.

The kiddos love to see the trucks drive by and there's one or two that want to be involved when they grow up (it changes on a day-to-day basis, of course!).

Your avatar looks good, if I do say so myself. ;)

5. vinnieglkm17

vinnieglkm17

Dec 21, 2003
    Ft Lauderdale
    Well those of us that work in EMS appreciate those that pray for us and those that appreciate us. It's a great career and it's very rewarding. I would recommend it for anyone that feels they can do it. Yes the avatar looks great doesn't it! That's what happens when you let pro's do your avatar.;a

6. Alpha752

Alpha752

Aug 16, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Remember Mama, prayers are great, but we LOVE cookies! ;) ;f

You might consider (if you havnt allready) taking a CPR/First Aid class yourself. With all of those little ones running around, having a little medical training can be helpful. They are short and not that expensive. Just make sure you find one that covers Peds.

Russ

7. vinnieglkm17

vinnieglkm17

Dec 21, 2003
    Ft Lauderdale
    I agree on the cookie part too!!!!! LOL