close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fiocchi .357 sig extrema xtp line

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by detroitdiablo, Aug 19, 2010.

1. detroitdiablo

detroitdiablo

Jul 7, 2005
    Anyone have any results/feedback for this round? I saw a box of it and it claims 1400fps on the box with an xtp bullet. True/False? Anyone chrono this stuff or test it? I generally stay away from the fiocchi unless it's for target stuff but this round sounds interesting to me. Would appreciate any info on this round. Thanks.

2. I've seen Chrono results in the 12's to low 1300's for that low. I believe Jeffrey Behr posted results in the 357SIG club forum.

3. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    The SEARCH function is your friend.

4. detroitdiablo

detroitdiablo

Jul 7, 2005
    If your gonna be a jerk about a response you could at least put a link to the thread. Thanks

5. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Perhaps if you have to do a little 'work', you'll remember to Search next time instead of starting a new thread.

And I'd have to do your Search to post a link for you.

6. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    The 115-grain Fiocchi Extrema XTP proved to be so accurate in my small CCW pistol with the 3" barrel I decided to buy the 124-grain Extrema in 9mm.

When the 124-grain Extrema became available in .357sig I bought some of those, although I haven't shot any yet. A couple of experienced handloaders say that the 124-grain XTP easily handles the .357sig velocities and is an excellent bullet.

If it's a bit slower than advertised I think I can live with that as long as the accuracy's there. I've used a lot of Fiocchi range ammo without any problems, and since Hornady XTP rounds are about double the price of Fiocchi XTP I think the 50-round boxes of the Extrema are a pretty good value.

7. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    No need to be an ass to the guy Jeffrey. Chill out. Cut him some slack. I search for stuff I know was there and can't find it. I hate it when people like you berate someone for not using the search function.

8. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    My my, lots of laziness and and enabling going on here.

1. I was NOT a jerk, I was quite polite in recommending the OP use the Search function.
    2. Doing his research for him by posting a link would have been rather counter to my recommendation, huh!?!?!?
    3. I'm not an ass, in fact I post LOTS of useful info on GT that others don't. How 'bout you, griz?
    4. I don't need to 'chill out' and I won't 'cut him some slack'. It appears to me that YOU need to 'chill out', as you seem to be more emotional than anyone here.

And it appears that neither the OP nor unit1069 has yet to use that magical Search feature.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  9. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    If everyone used the search feature there wouldn't be many post here. Some other people who are casually reading this forum might like to read the replies to threads like this even though the subject may not be important enough for us to do research about, might not have the time either. So why don't you let be it's not against forum rules to ask questions here......

10. greyeyezz

greyeyezz

Nov 8, 2008
    Cleveland OH
    Search Fiocchi .357 sig/ TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club
    results: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

11. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    The OP asked if anyone has experience with Fiocchi Extrema XTP; why would I need to conduct a Glock Talk search to give him my response?

Try decaf.

12. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Jun 30, 2005
    Middle America
    It amazes me how easily things get heated up in here for meaningless reasons. We are all responsible gun owners right ? why don't we all start in here practicing some skills avoiding escalation of conflicts ?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  13. Black Ice

Black Ice Funky White Boy

Apr 5, 2006
    Az.
    ....:smoking:...

... +10 :wavey:

14. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
  15. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

OK, gentlemen. Shake your dicks. Pissing match is over. Move along with your pride and ego. No need for that here.

16. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Jun 30, 2005
    Middle America
    Thanks for the useful info Jeffrey!! (Just so happens I'm a 357 sig fan also.)

17. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    YW. As my signature text indicates, I'm again carrying my G32 after discovering I can't shoot my 20SF nearly as well as the 32 or the .45GAP 37.

[​IMG]

I've found the short-necked 357 to be a little fussier to reload, but thanx to a GTist whose name I don't remember, I now use a .40S&W die in addition to the 357 trio in my 4-hole Lee Turret Press. I've removed its decapping pin and I first full-length resize (WITHOUT using case lube), then go thru the 3 other dies normally, and then reresize the completed round in the .40 sizing die. (This requires 5 strokes, but I can use the exercise.)

Resizing this way has improved feeding reliability dramatically. I also turned the 357 sizing die down the maximum amount to resize as much of the neck as possible; that increased considerably the bullet tension. (I was NOT experiencing any bullet setback previously.)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  18. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    Please excuse my presumption as I do not yet reload 357SIG though I intend to. Your description sounds as though your neck crimp slightly bulges the main body which you then size back to spec with a .40S&W full length die. If that is so, have you considered Lee's Factory crimp die? It is a collet die, so a longer stroke with reduced downwards force produces a higher crimping force. I have one but have not yet used it. If this works as well as reported, it should mean that you could reload with one cycle of the four stage press rather than two and still get good feeding.

English

19. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    1. You're so polite, how could I not? :)
    2. Probably that's what's happening, and maybe only with cases that are a few-thousands longer than average.
    3. No, I haven't. I just looked at the Lee crimp dies
    http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1282757587.642=/html/catalog/dies-crimp.html
    and am still confused, as their explanations aren't very good IMO.
    4. One detail--I've removed the auto-indexing rod from my press, so I don't have to rotate the turret any extra amount. IOW, that 4th die stays in the same position for the 5th cycle and the 1st cycle of the ram.

Good news on the reliability front--yesterday I shot dozens of the rounds so loaded, and 100% cycled absolutely perfectly, so maybe I'll quit while I'm ahead. :embarassed: