Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Finished a new AR build: flame thrower

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by MaximaDrvr, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Well, it is finally 'finished'. I still need a BCG for this rifle, but I have enough that I can borrow from another at this point. I still need a sling and optic as well.

I decided to build something fun, and that could be changed easily in the future to an SBR when I finally become less lazy, and have more time. It fills a nice in between point of my 16'' AR and my 7.5'' AR pistol. It is a 11.5'' barrel with a pinned 5'' flash hider.

I did this build some what slowly, spending $2-400 a month on pieces, and assembling where I could.

Total is just under $1400 at this point.

Lower: $658
    USA Tactical stripped lower- 130
    Lower parts kit- 36
    Magpul ACS butstock- 130
    Buffer tube kit- 51
    Magpul Miad Grip- 36
    Magpul BAD- 30
    Enhanced trigger guard- 25
    Timney Trigger 4lb skeletonized- 220

Upper: $730
    USA Tactical stripped upper- 90
    Forward assist- 16
    11.5'' barrel- 170
    5'' Flash hider- 25
    Crush washer- 4
    YHM 10'' FF rail- 140
    YHM rail end cap- 21
    Low-pro gas block- 35
    Gast tube- 21
    BCM charging handle (medium)- 45
    Gear Sector hand stop- 48
    PMag- 15
    YHM iron sights- 100

I'm planning on going with a XPS2 Eotech, VTAC sling, and the ionbond BCG, which will bring the total to around $2k for this build.

I have shot the upper on another lower and it functioned flawlessly. I have done the function tests on the lower, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. That will probably be next weekend.
    So far, I am loving the Timney Trigger, and may purchase another for my 16'' AR.

I would also like to say that 90% of these parts came from USA Tactical out of Statesville, as I prefer to support local small businesses.

Sorry for the large pictures. I use photobucket for hosting, and it does not have a resize option.
  2. I finally added an optic to the rifle: XPS2-2
    My Spikes NiB BCG will be here Friday.

In three weeks I get to put the rifle through its paces in a 2-day carbine course.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

3. Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Looks great, nice & different looking which I love :) I also love the fact that you put it together over time, I do not have the patience sometimes :rofl:

Thanks for posting it :wavey:
  4. Road Dog

Road Dog Senior Member Millennium Member

Jul 29, 1999
    Ringgold, GA
  5. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

Nov 7, 2006
    Walltown, KY
    I like it! I built one over the course of a few years. It has a bushy barrel, DPMS upper w/ a swan sleeve, a trijicon tri-power, and a double star lower. Everything on the gun is mismatched to a extent but it works well. It's my favorite AR I own.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  6. GSX-MAN

Mar 29, 2003
    You want flames? Get an 11,5" with Russian ammo: