close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fine Tuning My Grip

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Keyhole, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Hi Mas.

I've been focused on tightening up my groups, so I filmed my stance, grip, presentation, and trigger control and looked for obvious areas for improvement. Here's what's working for me now:

fighting stance
    shoulders square to target
    nose over toes
    crush grip and high on the backstrap
    support wrist extended with thumbs forward
    crease behind first knuckle on the trigger
    sharp front sight focus
    press trigger to the rear and hold
    shoot the reset

I'm still wondering if elbows should be locked out or slightly bent and how far forward the support wrist should be extended. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    :thumbsup:

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Sounds like you're on the right track for self analysis. For the non-dominant wrist, if that side's thumb is pointing at the target like an extension of the radius bone of the forearm, you should have a particularly strong hold. Elbows? While I personally lock mine out hard and see good results with them, there are lots of champion shooters who put a little flex in those joints. Individual choice; try both, and see which gives you best combination of speed and accuracy.

best,
    Mas

3. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Will do. Thanks. I've found that having the elbows locked gives me a reliable index.