close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finding it hard to use my GSSF coupons in Florida

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MrSmoofy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

I've been a GSSF member a number of years now. I've been to many matches outdoor and indoor.

Every year I find myself with a GSSF coupon and no way to use it.

I've tried 2 places in Tampa/Clearwater (where I work) and a place in Tallahassee where my GF lives.

One place in Tampa I've had a deposit for a G30S for about a year now. The other place in Clearwater said they could get me one in a month but that's been months now. The place in Tallahassee is said by GSSF/Glock to honor the pistol program but when you go there and ask they tell you they do not and are not able to order blue label.

I've called several places outside of Florida who have guns in stock to sell but am always told Florida is not part of their territory so they can't sell to me.

Why is it so hard to get a Glock that I want with my GSSF coupon? I've already thrown away several of these and it's very frustrating.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Cruiser1

Cruiser1
    Expand Collapse
    Still Alive

Contact the GSSF and they can assist you with a list shops in your area that except the coupon.

3. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

As I mentioned about the Tallahassee location, I have called GSSF and gotten a list of about 20 places. I've either emailed, phoned, or gone to all of those locations. The results are the same.

1. Yes we take GSSF but we don't have anything in stock and don't know when we will get it.
    2. Yes we take GSSF but we don't have anything in stock but we will order it for you it should only take x months (as with the Tampa and Clearwater location nothing ever shows up even after a year of waiting)
    3. No we do not take GSSF Glock has their information wrong.
    4. No we do not participate in GSSF we can not help you.

Maybe it's just my bad luck but I feel like I'd fine a Unicorn before being able to use one of these in Florida. Anywhere I call outside of Florida has everything in stock but can't sell into Florida. I could understand that if it were a straight up retail sale but for a GSSF purchase it just seems silly.

4. WxGuy

WxGuy
    Expand Collapse

5. WxGuy

WxGuy
    Expand Collapse

6. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

Your not the first to recommend either of them I've emailed gtdist but no responses yet. Gonna give Jimmys Gun and Pawn a call and see where I get with that.

Thanks

7. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

gtdist doesn't have one in stock but said if they did they could ship.

Jimmys has one but can't ship.

WHY is this so confusing. 1 place tells me they can't sell to Florida because of territory.

Gtdist can and they are in Texas and can ship to fl.

Jimmys in Florida says glock doesn't let them ship blue label.

Everyone has a different story. Gonna make me nuts.

8. gearjammer921

gearjammer921
    Expand Collapse

try a place called cracker boys I have friends that have used them with the coupon

9. WxGuy

WxGuy
    Expand Collapse

Simple.

As you go to Tally to pick up your GF for a weekend of fun on the Emerald Coast, swing by Jimmy's in person (Fri or Sat) and get you pistol. :supergrin:

Where's my easy button? :whistling:

Good luck,
    Bob

10. njl

njl
    Expand Collapse

I assume you've tried Cole's and Central Firearms, and neither could get a 30S for you? I think your best bet is probably to get in touch with the higher volume stocking dealers. The ones I'm aware of in FL are B&H Gun Rack on Merritt Island and Lou's Police Supply down in Hialeah. I suspect these places both sell more Glocks in a week than some dealers go through in a year. Standing around in either, you can literally watch the Glocks fly out the door while you wait your turn to be helped. If they can't get you a 30S, there isn't one to be gotten.

I'm going through the same right now with the 41. I'd like to get one. I've seen them at Lou's, but at the time, they were only selling the 41 and 42 to law enforcement, and last time I called them that hadn't changed. Nobody else that I've called in the Tampa/Orlando area has any 41s, and the few that some of the dealers have had were red label and wouldn't have been sold at GSSF discount anyway.

My coupon is from last year (or maybe the year before...lifetime membership / no expiration). There's not much point in requesting another if I can't buy what I'm looking for.

I hate to pay the inflated upgrade price on one with a pistol cert...and even if I did, there's no telling how long the wait would be, but that may be the only way to get one at less than full price or silly resale mark-up this year or next.

That may be an option for you as well. It may not be quite as good a deal, but you could buy someone's glock pistol award certificate, pay the $66 upgrade fee + tax + local FFL transfer fee, and order your 30S directly from Glock. Some quick calculations says it'll probably cost you about $25 extra to go that route (assumes you pay $450 for the certificate and $25 for FFL transfer. The good news is you pay much less sales tax going this route since you're only taxed on the $66 upgrade fee.

11. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

Yes Jimmy's might be my best option. 2.5 drive from Tallahassee so we would make a weekend of it.

Jimmy's would be $491 + 6% Tax and $5 NICS = $525.46
    gtdist would be $491 + $20 shipping and $26.88 FFL = $537.88

Almost event when you consider the 2.5's in gas to go get it and I would have it in hand and not be waiting for it.

Thanks for the help everyone. Next up will be to find a 42 for the GF :)

12. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

Yup Central Firearms is where I've had a deposit at for a year. Cole's said they could get me one and would call me when they did but that was months ago as well.

It would be nice to know why every dealer seems to have different rules on what they can and can't do.

13. wct097

wct097
    Expand Collapse

Feel you pain in VA as well. Found one stocking blue label dealer that honors the GSSF coupon at the suggested prices, but they don't have what I want (G19C). My local dealer, where the matches are held, will "honor" the coupon but at a much higher price. Their "GSSF coupon" price on a G19 or G17 is $499, which is normal gunshow price around here. I had them order my G19C at $90 higher than the suggested price simply because I couldn't find anywhere else that stocked blue label Glocks that had it. The place that could get them at suggested prices is a 3.5 hour round trip.... not sure it's worth it to save $90.

14. firstluff

firstluff
    Expand Collapse

15. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

This just confuses me more why $464.20 when the GSSF price is $491 and why did they not charge you tax?

#15 MrSmoofy, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  16. firstluff

firstluff
    Expand Collapse

Sorry; the price I gave does not include the sales tax of $27.85 they charged. Bottom line with tax and shipping was $502.05. I believe my FFL charged $20 for transfer.

Dealers are free to charge more or less than the GSSF-suggested price. In this case, B&H charged less. I don't know what their current charge is.

17. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy
    Expand Collapse

No problem but thanks for pointing me to them. Was able to email them got a response with in a minute and now have a G30S on order and deposit on a G42 and you saved me money as well and a 2.5 hour drive to Ft. Walton Beach.

B&H will be my go to place from now on.

18. firstluff

firstluff
    Expand Collapse

I think you'll be happy with their service.