Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Finally took a sip of the H&Kool-Aid...

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by KennyFSU, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000

My 9mm Uzi was jealous as well......... :tongueout:
  2. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    ^ Haha, awesome gun. I like the color fill on the HK as well.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

3. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Jan 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    First off, Go Noles!! I'll give my two cents here. I loved Glock, but after my three latest 9mm Glock purchases spit brass into into my face repeatedly I quickly became frustrated. Yes, I bought three Glocks hoping the issue would solve itself but it never did (my Gen 2.5 is flawless). I found myself searching for a pistol that I could run reliably under any circumstance. I landed on the HK P30L. I know what the OP is saying. It didn't really do anything that any other pistol of my would do (except no brass to the face) and I do find the extended slide stop to be problematic when firing the last round- I am riding the stop and it occasionally won't stay open on the last round. That said, the build quality is absolutely noticeable when you being to take these various pistols apart. Yes, the HK has more parts but anyone with a background in the manufacturing field will absolutely be aware of the craftsmanship. Not saying it goes bang any better than any other gun but the difference is there in the details. I love my HK and plan to pick up a full size USP9 at some point. That said, I really like my M&P Shield and FS as well. But when you examine piece by piece there is clearly an attention to detail that HK excels at. My feeling is that the sum of the parts does indeed mean something.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  4. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Congrats, on a fine HK.
  5. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    It's easy. Take the "Should I buy an H&K?" quiz:

1. Will I complain that an H&K costs about a case and half worth of ammo more than a Glock?

YES: Do not buy an H&K. But a Glock. Return to General Glocking.

NO: Proceed to next question.

2. Do I want a hammer fired gun?

NO: Buy a Glock, M&P, XD, Walther, Steyr, Kahr or FNS.

YES: Go to next question.

3. Do I want an all metal hammer fired gun?

YES: Buy a 1911, SIG, Beretta, CZ, 3rd Gen Smith, Browning

NO: Proceed to next question.

4. Do I want the best polymer, hammer fired pistol on the planet?

NO: Buy the FNP. 2nd place ain't so bad.

YES: Congratulations! You want an H&K.

Pick your model, caliber and action.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  6. dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    Hk is probably one of the only makes I can think of where you don't hear of any problems with. Very rarely a complaint. Cant say that with any others.
  7. Seminoles

Seminoles Millennium Member

Oct 17, 1999
    Huntsville, AL
    I have owned HK's for about 5 years and the only complaint I've ever heard is people complaining about the slight movement of the right side slide lever on the P30's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    This. And you should have picked up a P30. :drool:
  9. Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    If you really want to get fancy HK's aren't going to cut it.
    Some tips to get more fancy:
    1.Give away all your Glock's to orphan children in Somalia. The Glock's are cheapo guns, but to these kids they are like high end 1911's.
    2.Replace Glock's with Sphinx and Korth's.
    3.Finally sell your 1970 Volkswagon and lease top of the line BMW.
    4.Give shack dwelling to homeless guy on the corner and rent penthouse in Trump tower.
    5.Replace Budweiser with Sam Adams.
    6.Shower and shave once in awhile.

If you haven't recently won the lottery, disregard these tips.
  10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    You are correct. Even if the price was the same, they would not measure up to a Glock or M&P, based on the trigger alone.
  11. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Oct 29, 2005
    What, I believe that most folks on internet have shot at least 20,000 or 30,000+ rounds through their guns, no matter what the brand is.:dunno:
  12. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Oct 29, 2005
    Agreed, I own and I do enjoy both. Even though I own a USP45 I don't need a Gen4 G-21, I want one.:supergrin:

I do tend to be more impulsive.:upeyes:
  13. feesix

May 26, 2009
    I've owned alot of hks and most of them sold on here. I've had 3 hk45s. Eveyone of them had the same problem. The fake trigger reset on 2 and the small back strap would move. Hk would not just sent me a 2 dollar piece of plastic. I had to ship the f'n things back to them. Great guns but i wont buy anymore.

Yes i forgot to edit my gun collection in the sig line
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  14. iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Fake trigger reset? You have had 3 and they all had the same problem? Seems kind of weird.
  15. feesix

May 26, 2009
    its been discussed. Its like the trigger resets but it dosen't. Hk said it was nothing to worry about? My compacts did"nt do it. But that damn back strap should not be an issue. They are really great guns and ate every thing i would feed them. Just not much for them but lem my have my interest one day.
  16. madAB

Jan 12, 2009
    Congrats! I have the same one, but in urban gray. I haven't shot it yet, but I do like my P30 in 9mm. I be the first to admit though, I think I still favor my Glocks.
  17. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I still shoot my tricked out Glock better than most of my HKs.
    My HK45C DA/SA I had converted to has a Light LEM trigger.
    Hand picked springs (FPBS, TRS and HS) for the gun
    producing a gunsmith measured 3.9 lbs break.

That bad boy will give my Glock a run for her money.
    But the Glock remains my second favorite range gun.
    Just behind the modified HK45C.
  18. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011

Yes, and with the H&K you don't have to spend $100.00+ on changing the plastic sights on the Glock that brings the price down on H&Ks
  19. sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    That's not the case on my HK45C.

The sights that come with it are serviceable. They're better than nothing. They do stand replacing, however.
  20. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I've got XS 24/7 Express Big Dots on all my H&K pistols.
    It's the only after market part on my HK45C