close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally took a sip of the H&Kool-Aid...

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by KennyFSU, Nov 4, 2012.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212
    Expand Collapse
    Diesel Girl

Me too! :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER
    Expand Collapse

The reason you don't see what the big deal is....is because there isn't. :rofl:

I've shot my share of HK's.... (Admittedly friends).... Major yawn fest.

3. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

Lol. This was just my initial impression.

As others said, this gun should stand the testament of time, but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Chuck TX

Chuck TX
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Nothing's for everybody.

I got my first HK for the same price as a new Glock. Liked it right off the bat. Didn't take long until I unloaded most of my Glocks (except the 10mm's and longslides.).

5. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

I guess I'm just not fancy enough.

6. Chuck TX

Chuck TX
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

So is the situation that you like it, but wonder why it cost more?

Dropping $900 on a pistol can be a hard pill to swallow. Especially if it doesn't exactly knock your socks off.

7. brisk21

brisk21
    Expand Collapse

See, now you're just full of it. There is no proof that HK pistols as a whole last longer than Glocks. They will both last pretty much forever.

And this kind of shows where you are coming from. Colt really mostly makes lower end 1911s. Parts quality and fitting on Colt 1911s are nothing special, as they are equalled or surpassed by many companies such as Springfield, S&W, Dan Wesson, STI, Kimber, and several more.

Im a huge fan of my HK45 and i do feel that it is pretty much the best handgun I own. Not because of longevity though. My point is that there is no greatest, supreme pistol. For every Wilson Combat there is a Les Baer. For every Sig there is an HK. For every Glock there is an M&P.

8. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

In all honesty, I put 300 rounds through it last night and although it was accurate, it didn't really do anything that my Glock couldn't do (sans thumb safety and decocker). I guess it just didn't justify the $900 price tag for me.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

What were you hoping for/expecting? To me the main things are ergonomics, reliability/confidence in that reliability, and shootability. I'm still looking for that "perfect" handgun. For now my #1 is still a compact Glock.

10. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER
    Expand Collapse

Well of course... Contrary to what some of the fanboys say and uber fan girl neo who thinks hk's are the greatest thing ever, it REALLY is tough to justify $900 for a polymer pistol no matter what the situation is.

IMO hk's are like buying brand name clothing...There really isn't anything to justify the jump in price except the name, and only that matters to people who give a crap about the name at all..

You see I'm not cutting on hk's ... If they were just expensive it would be "one" thing... But their pricing is really dripping into the "offensive " category, considering what they are. Mass produced, (forgive me) predominantly 'plastic' guns. They really don't offer anything over an "average" gun, nor has anyone been able to show me otherwise.

As for "ergonomics" that's personal preference and in the case of these kinds of guns, it's just a function of how they pour the plastic into the mold :whistling::shocked::upeyes:

#30 RYT 2BER, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  11. NEOH212

NEOH212
    Expand Collapse
    Diesel Girl

Believe what you want.

HK still has the lower failure rate. Glocks last forever. Just ask anyone on the internet that has shot 100,000+ rounds out of theirs......:whistling:

I've had the Glocks, Sigs, and HK's. I've had more Glocks break than Sigs and HK's. Granted, I have never fired 100,000+ rounds out of any one of my guns but the failure rate of the Glocks I've had compared to the others says something.

I'll never say HK is supreme or for everyone but they ARE the best polymer pistol on the market.

#31 NEOH212, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. RetailNinja

RetailNinja
    Expand Collapse

I had an H&K USP .40 while owning a Glock 35 and Beretta 96G at the same time. The USP was certainly at the top in terms of looks, fit and finish, and functionally efficient. Unfortunately, I was genetically predisposed to have gyspy fingers that I literally cannot wrap around the gun. My shooting looked like buck shot at 30 feet. Sold it. I would buy a P30L if I didn't meet my current wife, the 1911.

13. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER
    Expand Collapse

Here look.. I fixed it for you!

14. brisk21

brisk21
    Expand Collapse

hahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. brisk21

brisk21
    Expand Collapse

Its not about beliefs. You say HK is supreme to Glock. For you, maybe that is true. But it is subjective. There are plenty of people that would say the opposite. I REALLY like my HK45. If I could only own one pistol that would be it. Its not like were comparing HK to a Jennings pistol. There is a standard of quality and reliability that is needed to be a premier pisol and HK, Glock, Sig, Springfield, and Smith and Wesson all attain. After that it is all preference. I see what all the buzz about HK is now, and i appriciate it, but Glocks are excellent and you can't deny that.

16. sns3guppy

sns3guppy
    Expand Collapse

It's tough for you to justify that. I don't justify it. I simply make the purchase.

If I'm rationalizing, I probably shouldn't be buying it. I own various HK handguns (and rifles) not because I justified or rationalized them, but because I decided to buy them. I haven't regretted them. I shoot them, and I carry them. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they were the same price as a Glock, but none of my 1911's are the same price either.

Polymer...steel...who cares? It's reliable.

Is HK the be-all and end-all of brands? I don't know. I don't care. They do what they're advertised to do. They do that well. I own Berettas, Rugers, Sigs, HK's, Springfields, yada, yada, yada...most of them are just fine. The HK's aren't tough to justify at all, and the price isn't that out of line with other better production handguns.

17. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

I think that's the main argument here; what makes them BETTER than a $500 Glock? To me, nothing.

18. 01deuce

01deuce
    Expand Collapse

Well, you don't have to get the extractor of the week to make it work right!

19. brisk21

brisk21
    Expand Collapse

Glock and HK are both AWSOME guns. They are probably 2 of the best. Enough said.

20. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

I've only owned 3 Glocks, all were 9mm and gen 3s and they have always been 100%. :tongueout:

#40 KennyFSU, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012