close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally shot the STI!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by wrx04, Oct 21, 2010.

1. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
    The UPS guy dropped off the other half of my gun this morning. So after almost two weeks of waiting, i took it to the range today. Didn't have a ton of time, but i got to shoot about 150 rounds. The gun was flawless....felt a little different from my glock:supergrin:. I shot it well. That single action trigger makes a big difference.

I even got to shoot about 10 rounds that i reloaded myself (my first batch of reloads:wow:). I was nervous as hell when i squeezed the trigger with those bad boys in the chamber, but they all shot great. My goal is to shoot about 500-600 rounds per week.

Here is a question.....i've read on here that some guys dont clean their gun until ~400 rounds when its new so the dirt can smooth out the hang-ups. Whats your opinion on it?

Here are a couple pics of the dirty gun, and then after i toweled her off:[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    congrats!!!

don't clean it, just lube it for the first 300-500rds. the unburnt powder will mix with the oil and do help create a slurry that will help lap the slide/frame rails.

That's why i usually make a slurry of JB Bore compound and oil, then work the slide by hand. it's pretty does the similar thing, but without having to fire 500rds.

3. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    congrats on the Trojan. I have never tried Quack's method, but i do try to get 500 rounds through it without cleaning it. Just re-lube occassionally

4. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    What are the main differences between the Trojan and the Spartan?
    Thank you.