Finally Picked up my AR!!

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by RyanBDawg, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Colt makes a great weapon, but its not the End All to all rifles, any Mossburg product Ive owned or my father ect... has held up forever. I'm a Glock fanboy, but a Smith and Wesson, Springfield , Sig fan too, just sayin Ive did all my homework on specs for all my weapons and My MMR was way up to snuff in comparison to other models for the money, hell- the "Free Float" barrel system is superior in my opinion when it comes to accuracy. Perfect example- a bunch of us went to a friends property outdoor range awhile back, a friend just had to have the newest pretty Kimber ultra $1100+ pistol, it became an all day long jamomatic, stovepiper piece of crap, but I just smiled as my $450 Glock27 shot all day without a hitch- and never has.:D

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #121 Delmonte67, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. I like the colts as well, however the MMR had everything I was looking for without costing an arm and a leg.

Colt 6920s are way overpriced for the time being. Perhaps they will come down again soon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nice rifle! Really nice "steal" on the price, especially with today's inflated pricetags!:)

4. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

#124 Delmonte67, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. I think Larry's Pistol and Pawn is the best all around gun store that I have ever been in. I have bought a lot of stuff, and shot a lot of rounds there. Congrats on the Mossy!

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm curious but what exactly is the Colt M4A1 if it'sn't already a lite weight toy?

A real man would carry the Colt HBAR.

7. Haha thanks.

Yep they are awesome. Thanks!

8. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

RyanB,
    Hows that Mossy working for ya? Finally got mine "Magpuled" the way I want her! Surprises me everytime at the range how accurate this rifle is!:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Lookin good! Yes it is a very accurate rifle. I just used a laser bore sighter to line up my red dot and it works perfectly! All I have done to it so far is add a magpul afg, and a red dot sight. I'll probably add magpul flip up sights, and save up for an aimpoint or similar optic.

[​IMG]

10. Wow, that didn't take long. :upeyes:

11. They put the owner’s manual on the barrel?

12. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. No, but they do put the address to get a manual on the barrel!

14. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Lol! Just in case I forget!

#134 Delmonte67, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  15. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

How's that Muzzle Brake working out? Do you get a lot of muzzle flash or does it do a decent job at least of controlling muzzle rise? It looks like a good candidate to test on a SBR.

16. Using .223 there is no flash, using full power 5.56, there can sometimes be a small flash, but not bad at all. The recoil and barrel rise is very light if at all.

I would consider changing it out if I was going into battle at night, but for my needs, it works perfectly.

This is a good video comparing flash suppressors. Seems the vortex is the hands down winner.

http://youtu.be/q-4hlP5oz_o

#136 RyanBDawg, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  17. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

#138 Delmonte67, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  18. Can I adopt you? Please?:embarassed: