close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally Picked up my AR!!

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by RyanBDawg, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Chinaboy, I hope for your sake you keep your eyes peeled and hopefully you find what you want real soon, you might get lucky bro! Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. China boy

China boy

Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks man

3. Went back to Larry's today. They have quite a number of ARs and AKs.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. I picked up 140 rounds of ammo over the past few days. $10 a box isn't that bad, but I hope those 4.99$ prices per box come back soon!

5. Just installed my Magpul AFG grip and used a bore laser to sight it in precisely..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    What were you able to get for $10 a box ($.50 per round?) and how much were you able to get?

That is an OUSTANDING price on brass case .223 or 5.56 these days. Hell, ammoman had cheap steel case russian Wolf crap at that price per round today and it quickly sold out

7. Place called Larry's pistol and pawn in Huntsville AL.

They are pretty legendary around North Bama. Every year they had a massive weekend ammo sale with 18 wheelers loaded with ammo. You could get Federal 5.56 for 4.99$ a box back in the summer of 2011 I remember.

They still have a decent amount of ammo, but are limiting 5.56 sales to 2-5 boxes a day, 9mm to 2, and 525 round .22 packs to 1.

They do have a pretty nice selection of ARs and AKs as well.

Also has silencers short barreled weapons etc..

Here is their website.
    http://www.pistolandpawn.com/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  8. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    If they have a hotdog cart in the parking lot I am there! :supergrin:

9. Looks like a lite weight toy to me, hold a Colt M4 A1 carbine, 5.56 NATO then get back to me...Ya got to start somewhere why not the real ma coy:dunno:

10. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
  11. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL

EPIC! I love it- I give that reply a "perfect ten" hahaha...

Glad to see Larry's Pistol and Pawn staying true to their customer base.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  12. Ha thanks.

Larry's is one of the best shops I've ever been to.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Looks awesome Ryan! I'm loving my MMR, I like it better than my brothers Sig M400 AR. I just put a Magpul CTR buttstock on last week, Ive posted pics from my phone on this very thread before, but I cant post pics anymore- because it keeps telling me Ive exceeded my quota limit? I don't understand what that means?
    Anyone know what's going on here?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida

You've uploaded too many images to Glock Talk. Use an external image host like Image Shack, TinyPic, etc. to post them, then use image tags to put them in a post here.

15. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Internet Commando,
    Oh my God! I took my Milspec MMR to the range last week and the rounds shot out sideways, the Magpul stuff melted off, my Reddot lens cracked, then the free float barrel exploded! Gosh! I should have saved and bought the super overpriced plain jane Colt!!! I have shot my share of Colts over the years in the Military brother, I was never overly impressed. My MMR shoots perfectly-if not better! I know you think yours is somehow assembled from gold, What exactly makes yours such a superior weapon? School me on the Major differences please???

16. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Thanks! Ive been wondering what was up??? Didn't know there was a limit.

17. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    What a tool. :upeyes:

Enough of the roll mark worship. I thought Glock fan boys were bad, Colt AR fanboys are way worse.

Colt ARs are not the be all end all of ARs.

And before you ask, yeah I know first hand....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even got it for a great price

[​IMG]

I have a 20" BCM upper/RRA Lower and a 16" PSA Upper/CMMG Lower AR and a 18" Bison upper/LRB Lower that are equally well built as the Colt.

My advice is lose the baseless comments base on nothing but brand name. You will look a lot more knowledgeable to others IMO