Glock Talk banner

Finally Picked up my AR!!

26K views 151 replies 43 participants last post by  RyanBDawg 
#1 ·
Ordered it back at the end of December in Huntsville AL, but got delayed till the 4th of January. Finally got some time to come back to Huntsville today and picked it up.

Mossberg MMR tactical.

Looking forward to getting out and shooting it!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

See less See more
#127 ·
And by the way RyanB,
That my friend was funny as hell!!! I straight stole that to my phone for future use-LOL!!! Priceless!!!
Haha thanks.

I think Larry's Pistol and Pawn is the best all around gun store that I have ever been in. I have bought a lot of stuff, and shot a lot of rounds there. Congrats on the Mossy!
Yep they are awesome. Thanks!

#129 ·
Lookin good! Yes it is a very accurate rifle. I just used a laser bore sighter to line up my red dot and it works perfectly! All I have done to it so far is add a magpul afg, and a red dot sight. I'll probably add magpul flip up sights, and save up for an aimpoint or similar optic.

#135 ·
How's that Muzzle Brake working out? Do you get a lot of muzzle flash or does it do a decent job at least of controlling muzzle rise? It looks like a good candidate to test on a SBR.

#136 · (Edited)
How's that Muzzle Brake working out? Do you get a lot of muzzle flash or does it do a decent job at least of controlling muzzle rise? It looks like a good candidate to test on a SBR.
Using .223 there is no flash, using full power 5.56, there can sometimes be a small flash, but not bad at all. The recoil and barrel rise is very light if at all.

I would consider changing it out if I was going into battle at night, but for my needs, it works perfectly.

This is a good video comparing flash suppressors. Seems the vortex is the hands down winner.

http://youtu.be/q-4hlP5oz_o

#144 · (Edited)
Get rid of that butt ugly pistol grip and get a Magpul MOE or BCM Gunfighter.
Don't really care all that much about looks. I actually find it comfortable, I prefer a bigger palm swell as compared to the MOE and many other grips I have held.

I might eventually change it out, but so far it works for me.

#145 ·
Don't really care all that much about looks. I actually find it comfortable, I prefer a bigger palm swell as compared to the MOE and many other grips I have held.

I might eventually change it out, but so far it works for me.

When I first got mine I thought the same thing. After actually shooting it I agree about the comfort and have no intention of making a change. Just my 2 cents.

#148 · (Edited)
I've been shooting it more often now that I have a range membership. Very accurate and zero malfunctions. I'm very pleased with this rifle.

Hollowpoints, steel cased, mil spec mags, p-mags, etc, functions perfectly with everything.

#150 ·
Nice!
:thumbsup:
What kind of accuracy are you getting?
When I'm concentrating and have the rifle resting, I have no problem grouping a few round in about half an inch at 50 yards...

I'll have to get out to my outdoor range after winter and take it out to 100+ yards..

#151 · (Edited)
This is what I did with 120 rounds at 50 yards the other day at the range.. Keep in mind I wasn't resting the rifle at all and a lot of those rounds were rapid fire..

I was shooting slightly left, but clustered most of them in a pretty tight group.

Iron sights..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.