Glock Talk banner

Finally Picked up my AR!!

26K views 151 replies 43 participants last post by  RyanBDawg 
#1 ·
Ordered it back at the end of December in Huntsville AL, but got delayed till the 4th of January. Finally got some time to come back to Huntsville today and picked it up.

Mossberg MMR tactical.

Looking forward to getting out and shooting it!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

See less See more
#104 ·
I picked up 140 rounds of ammo over the past few days. $10 a box isn't that bad, but I hope those 4.99$ prices per box come back soon!

#106 ·
I picked up 140 rounds of ammo over the past few days. $10 a box isn't that bad, but I hope those 4.99$ prices per box come back soon!
What were you able to get for $10 a box ($.50 per round?) and how much were you able to get?

That is an OUSTANDING price on brass case .223 or 5.56 these days. Hell, ammoman had cheap steel case russian Wolf crap at that price per round today and it quickly sold out

#107 · (Edited)
What were you able to get for $10 a box ($.50 per round?) and how much were you able to get?

That is an OUSTANDING price on brass case .223 or 5.56 these days. Hell, ammoman had cheap steel case russian Wolf crap at that price per round today and it quickly sold out
Place called Larry's pistol and pawn in Huntsville AL.

They are pretty legendary around North Bama. Every year they had a massive weekend ammo sale with 18 wheelers loaded with ammo. You could get Federal 5.56 for 4.99$ a box back in the summer of 2011 I remember.

They still have a decent amount of ammo, but are limiting 5.56 sales to 2-5 boxes a day, 9mm to 2, and 525 round .22 packs to 1.

They do have a pretty nice selection of ARs and AKs as well.

Also has silencers short barreled weapons etc..

Here is their website.
http://www.pistolandpawn.com/

#108 ·
Place called Larry's pistol and pawn in Huntsville AL.

They are pretty legendary around North Bama. Every year they had a massive weekend ammo sale with 18 wheelers loaded with ammo. You could get Federal 5.56 for 4.99$ a box back in the summer of 2011 I remember.

They still have a decent amount of ammo, but are limiting 5.56 sales to 2-5 boxes a day, 9mm to 2, and 525 round .22 packs to 1.

They do have a pretty nice selection of ARs and AKs as well.

Also has silencers short barreled weapons etc..

Here is their website.
http://www.pistolandpawn.com/
If they have a hotdog cart in the parking lot I am there! :supergrin:

#109 ·
Looks like a lite weight toy to me, hold a Colt M4 A1 carbine, 5.56 NATO then get back to me...Ya got to start somewhere why not the real ma coy:dunno:

#113 ·
EPIC! I love it- I give that reply a "perfect ten" hahaha...

Glad to see Larry's Pistol and Pawn staying true to their customer base.
Ha thanks.

Larry's is one of the best shops I've ever been to.

#116 · (Edited)
Looks awesome Ryan! I'm loving my MMR, I like it better than my brothers Sig M400 AR. I just put a Magpul CTR buttstock on last week, Ive posted pics from my phone on this very thread before, but I cant post pics anymore- because it keeps telling me Ive exceeded my quota limit? I don't understand what that means?
Anyone know what's going on here?

#117 ·
Looks awesome Ryan! I'm loving my MMR, I like it better than my brothers Sig M400 AR. I just put a Magpul CTR buttstock on last week, Ive posted pics from my phone on this very thread before, but I cant post pics anymore- because it keeps telling me Ive exceeded my quota limit? I don't understand what that means?
Anyone know what's going on here?

You've uploaded too many images to Glock Talk. Use an external image host like Image Shack, TinyPic, etc. to post them, then use image tags to put them in a post here.

#118 · (Edited)
Looks like a lite weight toy to me, hold a Colt M4 A1 carbine, 5.56 NATO then get back to me...Ya got to start somewhere why not the real ma coy:dunno:
Internet Commando,
Oh my God! I took my Milspec MMR to the range last week and the rounds shot out sideways, the Magpul stuff melted off, my Reddot lens cracked, then the free float barrel exploded! Gosh! I should have saved and bought the super overpriced plain jane Colt!!! I have shot my share of Colts over the years in the Military brother, I was never overly impressed. My MMR shoots perfectly-if not better! I know you think yours is somehow assembled from gold, What exactly makes yours such a superior weapon? School me on the Major differences please???

#120 · (Edited)
What a tool. :upeyes:

Enough of the roll mark worship. I thought Glock fan boys were bad, Colt AR fanboys are way worse.

Colt ARs are not the be all end all of ARs.

And before you ask, yeah I know first hand....

Even got it for a great price

I have a 20" BCM upper/RRA Lower and a 16" PSA Upper/CMMG Lower AR and a 18" Bison upper/LRB Lower that are equally well built as the Colt.

My advice is lose the baseless comments base on nothing but brand name. You will look a lot more knowledgeable to others IMO

#121 · (Edited)
Colt makes a great weapon, but its not the End All to all rifles, any Mossburg product Ive owned or my father ect... has held up forever. I'm a Glock fanboy, but a Smith and Wesson, Springfield , Sig fan too, just sayin Ive did all my homework on specs for all my weapons and My MMR was way up to snuff in comparison to other models for the money, hell- the "Free Float" barrel system is superior in my opinion when it comes to accuracy. Perfect example- a bunch of us went to a friends property outdoor range awhile back, a friend just had to have the newest pretty Kimber ultra $1100+ pistol, it became an all day long jamomatic, stovepiper piece of crap, but I just smiled as my $450 Glock27 shot all day without a hitch- and never has.:D

#122 ·

Enough of the roll mark worship. I thought Glock fan boys were bad, Colt AR fanboys are way worse.

I have a 20" BCM upper/RRA Lower and a 16" PSA Upper/CMMG Lower AR and a 18" Bison upper/LRB Lower that are equally well built as the Colt.

My advice is lose the baseless comments base on nothing but brand name. You will look a lot more knowledgeable to others IMO
I like the colts as well, however the MMR had everything I was looking for without costing an arm and a leg.

Colt 6920s are way overpriced for the time being. Perhaps they will come down again soon.

#123 ·

Nice rifle! Really nice "steal" on the price, especially with today's inflated pricetags!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.