Glock Talk banner

Finally Picked up my AR!!

26K views 151 replies 43 participants last post by  RyanBDawg 
#1 ·
Ordered it back at the end of December in Huntsville AL, but got delayed till the 4th of January. Finally got some time to come back to Huntsville today and picked it up.

Mossberg MMR tactical.

Looking forward to getting out and shooting it!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

See less See more
#78 ·
Right, because simply pointing out that shotguns and ARs use different principles for QA or operation means I must be a fan boy.

I get the feeling you're the same kind of person that runs out to buy an iPhone the day it's released, only to find out that it's riddled with bugs that won't be fixed for weeks.
Here we go again with your drivel. :faint:

#80 · (Edited)
Curious what you paid for the MMR? PM me please if you don't want to post the price. Like I said I'm kind of in the market for one.
950$

Before all this mess, it might have been too much, but now when they are going for between $1500-2000, it was a good deal.

And yes I did buy it after Sandy Hook.

#82 ·
Hmm. $950 sounds enticing. Im planning on waiting a few months to buy or build. I wonder what it was going for pre-Sandy Hook and what it will be in a few months. I know the mossberg website says $978 MSRP for the MMR. But, my 500 Flex said something like $661 MSRP and I bought it for $400 a few weeks ago.

#83 ·
Hmm. $950 sounds enticing. Im planning on waiting a few months to buy or build. I wonder what it was going for pre-Sandy Hook and what it will be in a few months. I know the mossberg website says $978 MSRP for the MMR. But, my 500 Flex said something like $661 MSRP and I bought it for $400 a few weeks ago.
25-30% below MSRP wasn't that unusual before the panic started.

#85 ·
Pre sandy hook, I think you could get it for about $700. According to some websites offering deals on it from last summer.

#89 ·
Mine is the model with sites and 30rd mag and had an MSRP of $978 but I had to give $1100 with 100rds of Russian ammo. I would suggest web sites at this point. I did see a few at the gun auction sites but they were way overpriced, $1500. Talk to your local dealer and he may be able to advise you where/when they may be available. Good luck.

#91 · (Edited)
I think there are much better options out there.

But I never had nor shot one. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates as you get through some cases of ammo. :cool:

#92 ·
Mine is the model with sites and 30rd mag and had an MSRP of $978 but I had to give $1100 with 100rds of Russian ammo. I would suggest web sites at this point. I did see a few at the gun auction sites but they were way overpriced, $1500. Talk to your local dealer and he may be able to advise you where/when they may be available. Good luck.
Yea, what he said...

I have no idea when ARs will be back in stock for not insane prices..

Probably after the AWB dies in the senate.

#93 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, Its just a hard time to buy an AR right now in any model/make with paying through the nose, if you find something decent at a fair price you should jump all over it. I was talking to a few guys who work at an LGS a week ago, and they felt like this mess is gonna take a long while before things ever get back to normal- if they ever do, even if the ABW dies in Congress. Just sucks.

#94 ·
Unfortunately, Its just a hard time to buy an AR right now in any model/make with paying through the nose, if you find something decent at a fair price you should jump all over it. I was talking to a few guys who work at an LGS a week ago, and they felt like this mess is gonna take a long while before things ever get back to normal, even if the ABW dies in Congress. Just sucks.
I agree, that's why a jumped on mine. Certainly not the best price paid for an AR but under the circumstances very fair and I'm not convinced these circumstances will change anytime soon.

#96 ·
You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop? I have been shopping guns for the past 2 months and went to different stores every weekend. It seems to me there is now a calm among the crowds lately and less frantic people trying to buy what they can. Ammo is coming back, or the I should say the caliber I've been buying is coming back. The possible changes in law seem to have lost their momentum.

I guess only time will tell though.

#97 ·
You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop? I have been shopping guns for the past 2 months and went to different stores every weekend. It seems to me there is now a calm among the crowds lately and less frantic people trying to buy what they can. Ammo is coming back, or the I should say the caliber I've been buying is coming back. The possible changes in law seem to have lost their momentum.

Ammo will come back sooner. But obviously a rifle takes more to manufacture than ammo. There are probably hundreds of thousands of ar type rifles on back order.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took 9-12 months for the rifle supply to meet demand.

#98 ·
You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop?

It all depends on how long people keep acting like Chicken Little. People need to keep emailing and calling their congressmen and voicing opposition to any gun control, but for the moment it looks like we are winning.

#99 ·
It all depends on how long people keep acting like Chicken Little. People need to keep emailing and calling their congressmen and voicing opposition to any gun control, but for the moment it looks like we are winning.
I've already done that multiple times. Luckily my officials have responded back with strong support of gun rights.. What else would you expect in Mississippi though?

#100 · (Edited)
If you really, REALLY watch the right places like a hawk acceptable deals are out there.

I basically built a complete BCM rifle with good stuff for $1,200 over the last few weeks (though I bought the stripped lower in December for $99)

And Wideners just had NATO spec Danish M855 (well, NATO spec ammo with SS109 projectile same as the M855) that came out to about $0.55 per round delivered within the past hour.

It didn't last long though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.