close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally open carried

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Warp, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    G26 in Comp Tac C-TAC, polo fully tucked (behind the gun). Went to West Lafayette Walmart, a gas station and a McDonalds. All were pretty busy, including a lot of employees in the Walmart beginning to restock. I am sure people noticed but nobody said anything or had an adverse reaction.

:thumbsup:

2. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Good work!

I carried openly in two states yesterday! After a multi-gun match in Kentucky, we stopped at a convenience store and the shirt I was wearing over everything in the morning was locked in the back of the truck, so I just went inside. No comments, although I have had some curiosity from clerks there during visits in the past (nothing negative).

Then in Indiana I went into the convenience store at the Marathon in Cloverdale on US231, no issues.

Then I patronized a gas station here in my hometown; no issues.

3. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've never had any problems in Tippecanoe County and I've carried long guns around.

Only place I've ever been asked if I had a LTCH was in the tiny burg of Wheatfield, Indiana. I stopped for coffee and the town marshall (not in uniform) was there. I showed him mine and he showed me his.:supergrin: :animlol:

4. sjstill

sjstill Guest

It has become second nature to me to open carry, especially with warmer weather. Usually keep some sort of vest in the car, but I don't always rememberize to put it on :animlol:

5. What the heck!

There wasn't widespread panic, women screaming, children crying, men fetching bats and clubs.

6. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    In addition to widespread, mass hysteria, I suspect that open carry causes GLOBAL WARMING! :animlol:

7. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, Algore told me that open carrying scares the polar bears which causes IBS among the bears because of their fish and seal-heavy diet which contributes to the greenhouse gases and Global Warming.

The only cure for Global Warming is to purchase polar bear gas offsets when you open carry. These offsets are available from me.

Send one case of .308 or .45acp to Kirk Freeman, 200 Ferry Street, Suite L, Lafayette, Indiana 47901 for each day you open carry.:banana:

8. Skpotamus

Skpotamus

Oct 14, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    I meant to post this a while back. A few weeks ago, I went to Turkey Run with my gf and our dogs (German Shepherd & a Doberman), I open carried my glock 21 in a Serpa holster. I only got one weird look that I noticed.

9. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Skpot, you must send me 2 cases of .308 to offset your carbon pollution for your trip to Turkey Run.

/s/ Kirk Freeman, Environmental Tsar, Indiana Glockers

10. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

Dec 5, 2004
    Cherry Point NC
    i remember the one time i got stopped out of my many times of open carrying back in Indiana..... it was at a McD's well actually i didnt get stopped till almost 5miles down the road.... someone called from McD's that i might be trying to rob the store, AFTER I LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 lmao lmao lmao

11. Open carry at a state park I LOVE IT!

12. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I even witnessed a gentlement openly carrying a 1911 at Turkey Run before the administrative regulations were cleared up...inside the nature center. Everybody had to know. Nobody cared. :)

(Mine was concealed)

13. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA

Well . . . maybe it was mostly locals that day! We're a bit more enlightened in that regard than, say, a park visitor from Chicago or the east coast.

Let's keep vigilant and do what we can to make the current rules permanent (and maybe even improve them some more).

14. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Why is it I keep forgetting that state parks are NOW LEGAL?
    Man, it's a pain to keep track of the patchwork of in-bounds vs out-of-bounds over time. Let alone visiting OTHER states.

When did OHIO drop reciprocity?

15. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

Never had it with Indiana. I believe the reason is we don't have mandatory training.

16. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

Dec 5, 2004
    Cherry Point NC
    no training and we issue at 18

17. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    oops. oh well, I've been carrying in Ohio afoul of the law, then. :)

See, it's hard. What should I do, walk up to a cop in the state and ask? :)